Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Can you respec easily?
i want to buy the game, but i stopped playing the first one when i got the classic fear of making a poor build and the respec function meant you had to buy all the books and i lost interest. If this version is the same i will pass. honestly i just want an rpg that lets you have a flexible build where you can change your mind - does this have that at all?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Angarvin Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:24pm 
respec is literally free in this game. you don't need a potion, an npc, you don't need to buy books. nothing. it costs nothing. you just do it.
Last edited by Angarvin; Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:25pm
CelestialSlayer Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:27pm 
yipee! thanks pal. its literally my worst fear with rpg's!! so many tough decisions i freeze...
OakenWall Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:27pm 
how do i respec?
Angarvin Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:31pm 
Originally posted by OakenWall:
how do i respec?
at the end of act 1 you get on a boat and it has a mirror on the lower deck. use it
(the mirror and the boat don't go away. they stick with you in act 2)
Atreyis Lortani Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by Angarvin:
Originally posted by OakenWall:
how do i respec?
at the end of act 1 you get on a boat and it has a mirror on the lower deck. use it
(the mirror and the boat don't go away. they stick with you in act 2)
The real question is: do they stick around for the rest of the game or do they disappear and give you the finger at some point, leaving you stuck with what you got?
Angarvin Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by Atreyis Lortani:
The real question is: do they stick around for the rest of the game or do they disappear and give you the finger at some point, leaving you stuck with what you got?
dunno. and won't know for a long time i imagine. act 2 is said to be the biggest part of the game (like 60-70% of it)
OakenWall Sep 16, 2017 @ 3:38pm 
well i think most will make misstakes early on and then know what kind of build they go for but at least once is fine for me. In my solo run Id like to change lot of stuff for the guys iv recruited, they all got barter lol. And my mate in our online game went ranged when he use staff or wands.
Mikes Sep 18, 2017 @ 8:49am 
I have a qustion: only ur main charachter could use mirror, or anyone in party?
does it reset Talents too?
Harem Route Sep 18, 2017 @ 8:51am 
Originally posted by Mikes:
I have a qustion: only ur main charachter could use mirror, or anyone in party?
does it reset Talents too?
Anyone and yes, Talents too.
Mikes Sep 18, 2017 @ 9:08am 
Originally posted by Simon.cleric:
Anyone and yes, Talents too.
greatly tnx!
Steve Sep 18, 2017 @ 12:21pm 
Does it remove the skills you've already learned? Would you have to buy or find the skill books again?
DroZzhat Sep 18, 2017 @ 12:24pm 
Originally posted by Steve:
Does it remove the skills you've already learned? Would you have to buy or find the skill books again?

It only reassigs points or allows you to change your appearance. That's all it does.
Harem Route Sep 18, 2017 @ 12:25pm 
Originally posted by DroZzhat:
Originally posted by Steve:

It only reassigs points or allows you to change your appearance. That's all it does.
I'm assuming he means like if you had lvl 2 aero with spells and now have 0 aero, what happens to spells...

That said, I don't know myself... I only respecced talents...
DemonScorpioz Sep 18, 2017 @ 12:27pm 
The spells will still be there in the spellbook, but you cant use them.

Same as for elfs, if you eat bodyparts some will learn you new spells but you can´t use them.
Last edited by DemonScorpioz; Sep 18, 2017 @ 12:28pm
Moe Apr 27, 2021 @ 7:05am 
Does using the mirror disable achievements?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50