Steam Link

Steam Link

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
slouken Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:32am
Steam Link hardware sold out
The supply of physical Steam Link hardware devices is sold out.

Moving forward, Valve intends to continue supporting the existing Steam Link hardware as well as distribution of the software versions of Steam Link, available for many leading smart phones, tablets and televisions. Click here to find out more about the Steam Link App.

If you missed out on the Steam Link hardware and are feeling adventurous, you can try out the app on the Raspberry Pi.
Last edited by slouken; Dec 20, 2018 @ 11:58am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 174 comments
hup Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:38am 
I love mine

I dont want to buy a new TV to play on my TV
roughnecks Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:38am 
Love mine too and super happy to have one :)
Batoune ॐ Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:51am 
How can you play on a TV without a steam link and without a TV with some app store ? I have a steam link, but I can't imagine playing on the TV without, if you stop supporting them in some future.
Last edited by Batoune ॐ; Nov 19, 2018 @ 12:01pm
Xenophobe Nov 19, 2018 @ 12:23pm 
was hoping for a version 2 with 4k support and gigabit speeds, but such is life. will the Steam Controller still be manufactured by Valve or do I need to buy a couple backup units now?
Ripper Nov 19, 2018 @ 1:17pm 
I have a fairly recent Sony Bravia TV and the dedicated Steam Link has far better response time than the Android Steam Link app. I don't understand the Valve's decision here. This limits the user base substantially, and worsens the experience.
hup Nov 19, 2018 @ 1:21pm 
So i need to buy a mini PC, and connect it to my TV
Astronautduel Nov 19, 2018 @ 2:11pm 
So there won't be a Steam Link 2.0? :-(
hup Nov 19, 2018 @ 2:21pm 
Removed from store page
bad news, really really bad news, if you can slouken push supervisors for link 2.0 or one more batch of link as it is, i love that tiny piece of hardware, have no idea if numbers are ok (sold units and profit), but if price need to jump a little bit it will be ok in my opinion, fingers crossed for new batch or link 2.0 with 4k support and gigabit ethernet
Last edited by <)NN(> Misi333k ®™ 유유유; Nov 19, 2018 @ 2:47pm
Xenophobe Nov 19, 2018 @ 3:08pm 
hey slouken, what is the possibility of an actual steam link app for the raspberry pi 3 b+ on the raspbian os? moonlight is limited to nvidia graphics and a raspberry pi steam link app would provide an alternate low cost solution for amd users as well.
hup Nov 19, 2018 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by Xenophobe:
hey slouken, what is the possibility of an actual steam link app for the raspberry pi 3 b+ on the raspbian os? moonlight is limited to nvidia graphics and a raspberry pi steam link app would provide an alternate low cost solution for amd users as well.

You can run steam on linux, and stream games
Dont know how it perfom
Xenophobe Nov 19, 2018 @ 3:30pm 
Originally posted by Kimmy:
Originally posted by Xenophobe:

You can run steam on linux, and stream games
Dont know how it perfom

the linux version is x86 architecture (standard pc hardware), the raspberry pi is ARM architecture like an android and would need an app for it's specific hardware specs.
Futa Fanatic Nov 19, 2018 @ 5:11pm 
People can't even purchase it anymore slouken lol so your giving up on selling it now?
Talley Darkstar Nov 19, 2018 @ 6:06pm 
So what happens when the app doesn't start? What if our only choice is to hardwire? I've had people complain to me that when they close their door, their wi-fi drops off.

Even what I do now, we NEVER EVER tell people to use WiFi as it's so sketchy. Now granted, they're not running billion dollar businesses like you Valve, they're just running businesses to eat, pay their bills, and be able to contribute to their community. And we always tell them to keep off of WiFi.
Shaun Roselt Nov 19, 2018 @ 11:23pm 
The app is great. I love it. I've only been using the app for the past 8 months.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 174 comments
Per page: 1530 50