OTTTD
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Welcome to OTTTD
I'm Steve, the community manager at Surprise Attack Games. We're really excited to partner up with SMG Studios to bring the insanity that is OTTTD to PC!

I'll be floating around on this hub daily to answer questions, give you content updates, and deliver your feedback to the developer. We may even run some interviews and share some concept art along the way.

We hope you enjoy the game, and we certainly welcome all feedback!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
gyzbug Aug 6, 2014 @ 6:29pm 
Are these items exclusive to the packs or they unlockable in the base game?

• Dexluso Armour - Armour that gets stronger as you get stronger
• Dexluso Gun - Gun that gets stronger as you get stronger
Bonus Armour - “Vintage Combat Cheddar” - 20% XP bonus and 5% coin bonus

Also the currency system could be explained better, some games require you to buy extra currency to unlock everything in the game due to a resource cap. IE it takes 200 medals to unlock all the content in the game but can only earn 150 with the base game.

If I have to pay $35.00 to get all the content in the game I will get it much later. If its $10.00 and all this is unlockable in the game if I put the time into it I will buy it now.
Last edited by gyzbug; Aug 6, 2014 @ 7:01pm
Hellerphant Aug 6, 2014 @ 10:08pm 
Hey Gyzbug! Those items are exclusive to those tiers, and are mostly cosmetic. Everything that is unlockable in the game is perfectly achievable without these little perks. There are no in-app purchases at all - no real money transactions once you buy the game. These items are just a little thank you for buying the higher tiers.

I hope you enjoy the game!
VALIS Aug 6, 2014 @ 10:33pm 
Looks great, I love TD games and am glad to see more of them on Steam. It's also nice that you're using a lot of Steamworks features like Cloud Save, leaderboards, achievements and trading cards. I'll be buying the game in a few minutes. Good luck.
76561198143250849  [developer] Aug 6, 2014 @ 10:45pm 
The Dexluso items are a type of special gear that scales with stats, specifically health & hero level. As starting gear, these items are notably better than default gear but at the same time not too OP. As the heroes gain levels the items will continue to improve, and for any heroes specced for high health the weapon will stay fairly relevant even against higher tiers in the store.

Eventually though, you'll want a bigger gun. Sooner if you spec for abilities or damage over health, and possibly sooner again if you're after a different specific damage output type.

Similarly for armour, at some point in the campaign you'll be looking at armour that's more suited to the stat bonuses you're after.

The Desluxo gear is primarily an early/mid campaign buff, depending on your play-style.
Junkles Aug 7, 2014 @ 3:10am 
Hey guys I know this is a bit of a strange question, but is there a way for me to get the game and artbook without the bonus credit and medals? Or are they just an optional thing? I just want to play the game the way it was intended to be.

Cheers.
And congrats on the steam release!
The OTTTD site says more stuff is coming in the future. Is that for the mobile version only or will it be added to the Steam release in the future?
Last edited by ok now this is epic; Aug 7, 2014 @ 2:38pm
76561198143250849  [developer] Aug 7, 2014 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by RuM JunkieKong:
Hey guys I know this is a bit of a strange question, but is there a way for me to get the game and artbook without the bonus credit and medals? Or are they just an optional thing? I just want to play the game the way it was intended to be.

Cheers.
And congrats on the steam release!

I wouldn't be too worried about the credit affecting the game - it's not a drastic bump and not intended as the OTT-pack reason. You could equip a couple bits of armor rather than weapons and you're set. Slightly more durable soldiers shouldn't affect the core experience really :)
76561198143250849  [developer] Aug 7, 2014 @ 4:16pm 
Originally posted by Fat ♥♥♥♥♥ 420 Swag Lord:
The OTTTD site says more stuff is coming in the future. Is that for the mobile version only or will it be added to the Steam release in the future?

As far as we're planning, any extra stuff that makes its way into the mobile version will hit Steam on the same day (actually probably sooner even). In fact it's only the Steam version that may see additional content exclusive to the platform.
Is there a way to sync my desktop and mobile clients? I love the game on steam, and have quite a few levels.
bengkoang Aug 12, 2014 @ 5:07am 
Like JunkieKong said, is there a way to get just the Art Book PDF and OTTTD poster artwork?
chaotea Aug 16, 2014 @ 3:31pm 
would there be any possibility in the future of making some multiplayer addition to the game? 3 players with a hero each sharing towers, or 4 players with one doing towers and 3 using heroes. Realise its alot of work to make, but could be interesting.
Hornpub Sep 4, 2014 @ 10:48am 
one question:
why has the schientist the same weapons as the sabotuer, respectivley is it planned to give him some unique and defining?

one suggestion:
for some abilities it would be nice if the description included the damage output. like airstrike from recon or the the ablities from bombardier and rocketeer (damage per projectile)
He gets pistols but looking at the build trees, it is not intended to equip them both with the same gun. Saboteur is best equipped with a physical pistol, whereas the Scientist is best with an energy one.
Hornpub Sep 5, 2014 @ 7:39pm 
Originally posted by Norwegian Jarlsberg:
He gets pistols but looking at the build trees, it is not intended to equip them both with the same gun. Saboteur is best equipped with a physical pistol, whereas the Scientist is best with an energy one.

yeah, i get that. but for the saboteur it doesn't matter which type he has while for the scientist there are only two useable weapons.
and it just would be nice to let him have something iconic that fits his theme.
76561198143250849  [developer] Sep 6, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
Originally posted by Jester:
yeah, i get that. but for the saboteur it doesn't matter which type he has while for the scientist there are only two useable weapons.
and it just would be nice to let him have something iconic that fits his theme.

We started going down that path in our early character designs, we had the scientist equipped with a little hovering sphere-drone as primary attack, no weapon at all (only repair gun).

As we got further into building and testing all the campaign missions, we'd temporarily given him the pistol and then realised that it actually made a lot of sense for the final character to bring a bit of financial reprieve in that you'd possibly already have a decent unlocked pistol for him to equip. And like what NJ said, there's still some role separation too in the way of passive skills and we liked how that turned out.

The next pistol (some have already seen it) is also an energy weapon, so the balance will be closer.

side note: The Recon and Saboteur were originally able to equip machine guns as well as their primary weapon class (engine still supports it), which is part of the reason there are so many machine guns.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50