OTTTD
Great game, but in some ways unfair to the player (also some bugs)
I like this game and tower defense in general, the voices overs are funny, the employee bulletin is funny, and zombie teddy bears are epic!

But I think the game has a few issues that make completing missions unfairly difficult for the player:

- Shield towers sometimes does "random shielding". It will shield towers that are already disabled, and sometimes nearby heroes with low health who are still being shot at are ignored resulting in death. Recommend shield towers primarily shield heroes and upgraded DPS towers below 50% health. Basic towers are secondary, disabled towers and Velocadrones are ignored.

- Heroes will continue repairing the same tower being shot at with 98% health instead of repairing completely disabled towers nearby. And sometimes they will repair a level 1 tower first instead of a nearby level 3 with less health. Recommend that heroes only repair towers below 50% health back to full health. Disabled upgraded DPS towers takes priority, basic towers are secondary.

- Heroes automatically shoot enemies in range when you want them to repair towers instead. Nothing is more frustrating than to see your hero about to revive a Deathbeamer, but abruptly stopping to shoot nearby enemies with a much weaker weapon. REEEEEEEE!!!

- Towers (and heroes) that are targeting an enemy (usually a tank) will stay fixed on that enemy while ignoring weaker enemies slipping by or attacking the base. Recommend that towers and heroes always shoot enemies that are closest to the base or attacking the base.

- Recommend a reduced penalty (or perhaps NO penalty) for resetting hero skill points. Since the both the game and developers have stated that some stages require a specific strategy, then it's only fair that the player have the freedom to play around with different skills to see what works and what doesn't.

- Allies skills recharge faster when the next wave is called sooner.

- The description for both hero skills and weapons includes their recharge time.

- Left and Right (or Up and Down) buttons in the Encyclopedia to cycle through the list of enemies faster.

- When pausing the game, the menu includes a "Retry" option.

- Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty. Sometimes I want to enjoy blowing things up and winning instead of struggling.

- Perhaps this can be done in a sequel game, but it would be more effective if towers would work synergistically to deal effective damage without wasting firepower. Defense Grid did this with good effect. Instead of all towers simultaneously shooting the same enemy and overkilling it, if one tower can kill an enemy before it moves out of range, then all nearby towers focus on other enemies. Missile towers will shoot just enough missiles to kill an enemy, while the remaining missiles target other enemies.

- A zombie teddy Boss!

- If a hero and an enemy are standing too close together (especially at the base), the hero will keep spinning around without shooting. Same for flying enemies if they're directly above the hero.

- If a hero is standing too close to a tower needing to be repaired, he will keep pointing his repair gun repeatedly without reparing it.

- When you build a new tower by nearby enemies, they can immediately shoot and disable it before it hits the ground.

- When you want to see the next upgrade range for the advanced towers (such as the shield tower or omnicannon) and mouseover the upgrade button, it shows a range that is much larger than when you buy the upgrade.

- If you pause the game while the Velocadrone is firing upon enemies, and you wait around 3 to 5 minutes, when you unpause, the Velocadrone will continue to fly off the screen and never return.

- Enemies can still attack when hit by the Saboteur's Crippling Blast and Disrupting Field.

- The Kraken Head boss is not affected by the Saboteur's Crippling Blast and Ruin. He still moves around the map.

- When the Scientist has Bad Potion enabled, if the enemy he's attacking has moved out of range, he will no longer attack any other nearby enemies.

- If you Alt-Tab during the game, and come back, sometimes the ground on the map (dirt, sand) will disappear.
Last edited by The Alpha and Omega; Apr 12, 2020 @ 7:17am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Nosteru Apr 10, 2020 @ 2:40pm 
Great Ideas! I realy like them.

I add one also: The drone towers should move and position better. They are not so effective as often go above the enemy and not shoot, just try to target it, fly above around it.
Ice Scream Apr 14, 2020 @ 1:02pm 
im pretty sure this game has been abandoned for a long time. And yes i agree with your post.
tuxdelux May 27, 2020 @ 7:37pm 
"When you build a new tower by nearby enemies, they can immediately shoot and disable it before it hits the ground."

Wow, that is a really big oversight.
El_Sayal Jul 8, 2020 @ 7:02pm 
"- Towers (and heroes) that are targeting an enemy (usually a tank) will stay fixed on that enemy while ignoring weaker enemies slipping by or attacking the base. Recommend that towers and heroes always shoot enemies that are closest to the base or attacking the base." I'd prefer a toggle 'priority target' (closest to base/closest to tower/char/strongest enemy in range)
El_Sayal Jul 8, 2020 @ 7:06pm 
Originally posted by Nosteru:
Great Ideas! I realy like them.

I add one also: The drone towers should move and position better. They are not so effective as often go above the enemy and not shoot, just try to target it, fly above around it.

It'd be nice if you could set 'rally points' for them, aka. hang around this area. (maybe for this tower type have it as a 4th option from the 'priority target' I've mentioned above :)
LilyanaKabal Nov 7, 2023 @ 1:03am 
I found enemy health to grow far too quickly. It becomes a real slog even on the second level.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50