Mount Your Friends
"No suitable graphics card found" FIX
UPDATE: Someone sent me a better fix with no watermark. Thanks to Random for this! :)

Before we begin with the tutorial, someone commented this. I haven't tested it to see if it works or not, but I'll leave it here in case someone wants to.

Originally posted by fljotavik:
I had this same problem (with another game), but in my case I fixed it by totally uninstalling both graphic cards (intel and nvidia), and installing them again. Also, there was a pending Windows update for the intel card, so I also installed that.

Basically, it was a problem of the computer not finding the graphic card correctly. Even before I installed the Nvidia card, the game worked fine, so was the intel integrated card that wasn't working well.

Using the d3d9 dll, you're only using a program (SwiftShader) that allows you to run the program without using the graphic card, so the performace will lower that it would be if it used your graphic card like it should.

I recommend you trying to re-install your graphic cards, and make sure you don't have pending Windows updates.

Good luck to all :)

Alright, let's start:

1_ Download this.[drive.google.com] However, you have to download the version depending on your OS, for example: If you have a 32 bit OS, you have to download the x86-32 folder. If you have a 64 bit OS, you have to download the x86-64 folder.
2_ Go to C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
3_ Place the file you downloaded (d3d9.dll) in that folder. If there is one with the same name already there, replace it. I'd recommend to make a backup of the file, just in case.
4_ Open the game.

Voilá! Now the game should be working fine. But.. the game now has a Swiftshader watermark. No more annoying watermarks! The fix provided by Random removes it. Thank you so much for this! :)

To remove it:
1_ Go to C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
2_ Delete d3d9.dll. Alternatively, if you had a d3d9.dll file before downloading this one, delete the new one and place the original one.
Last edited by a very organized kuno; Mar 12, 2017 @ 3:45pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 93 comments
CrumbleCat Aug 2, 2014 @ 7:22pm 
So this would fix this issue? http://steamcommunity.com/app/296470/discussions/0/34093781695855726/

About the shader model.
Originally posted by MasterCrumble:
So this would fix this issue? http://steamcommunity.com/app/296470/discussions/0/34093781695855726/

About the shader model.

Eyup, the bad thing is that there's a SwiftShader logo on the lower left corner, but I'm trying to find a fix for this.
𝒟𝑜𝑔𝑒 Aug 16, 2014 @ 6:07am 
I don't have the assembly folder in my Mirosoft.NET folder, should I just make it or should I download something to add the missing folders?
Originally posted by Lord Nelson's Trousers!:
I don't have the assembly folder in my Mirosoft.NET folder, should I just make it or should I download something to add the missing folders?

I guess you have to redownload .NET again
𝒟𝑜𝑔𝑒 Aug 16, 2014 @ 11:55am 
Nope, still don't have the folders. Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)/Microsoft.NET/ though, I don't have the path you're referring to. I tried putting the file into the two folders I do have but neither worked
Nope, still don't have the folders. Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)/Microsoft.NET/ though, I don't have the path you're referring to. I tried putting the file into the two folders I do have but neither worked

Oh no, you have to go to the WINDOWS folder, not Program Files.
𝒟𝑜𝑔𝑒 Aug 17, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
It wasn't there before but the reinstall must have put it there, thanks! It's a shame about the watermark but not a huge deal. Thanks again!
It wasn't there before but the reinstall must have put it there, thanks! It's a shame about the watermark but not a huge deal. Thanks again!

Yeah, I wish the watermark wasn't there though, it screws up the whole gameplay..
RageInTheMist Dec 22, 2014 @ 6:57pm 
it stoped the pop up but now when i launch the game my screen flickers for a few seconds then nothing happens
ezwip Dec 22, 2014 @ 7:03pm 
Sorry you guys are having trouble getting it up to mount your friends.
Originally posted by ezwip:
Sorry you guys are having trouble getting it up to mount your friends.

It's okay, it's just our crappy graphic cards :P
Originally posted by RageInTheMist:
it stoped the pop up but now when i launch the game my screen flickers for a few seconds then nothing happens
Tried verifying cache?
humbledore_ Dec 27, 2014 @ 8:29am 
I don't know if I'm being stupid, but I can't seem to simply replace the existing dll file. Can you help?
"Just Harry" Dec 27, 2014 @ 8:32am 
To get rid of the watermark, I just found this off of Tom's Hardware, it may work it may not. Remember to back up your DLL.
"You need a "hex editor" to do this. Easy to find a free one just google it.

1. Once you run the editor, load up the DLLs, and search for "96 00 00 00 C8 00 00 00" without the quotes.

2. Then, replace the 96 and c8 with 01.

3. You should now have "01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00".

4. Don't touch anything else, just save your file. "
Originally posted by DJ Ω:
To get rid of the watermark, I just found this off of Tom's Hardware, it may work it may not. Remember to back up your DLL.
"You need a "hex editor" to do this. Easy to find a free one just google it.

1. Once you run the editor, load up the DLLs, and search for "96 00 00 00 C8 00 00 00" without the quotes.

2. Then, replace the 96 and c8 with 01.

3. You should now have "01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00".

4. Don't touch anything else, just save your file. "

Didn't try this yet but looks like useful. Thanks a bunch!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 93 comments
Per page: 1530 50