Yaoling: Mythical Journey

Yaoling: Mythical Journey

View Stats:
Feedback after the Demo
As stated, just some thoughts/suggestions after playing the demo! I spent about 3 hours in game.

First off, I have been looking forward to this game for so long now and cannot WAIT til early access drops. It's gorgeous, the music is great, I love the little gibbering sounds everyone makes as they talk (I played so much Ookami back in the day and Yaoling is taking me back there), the designs of the critters is AMAZING, and the setting is everything I adore in games. I like everything about the combat system from being able to place my Yaoling anywhere on my side of the battle to healing from a well of your own SP. Will be buying and playing day one for sure, so hats off to the team <3

Now the suggestions:
-PLEASE let this have controller support on early access release because it feels Not Great to play on my keyboard
-Check your English translations again because I saw some minor spelling errors about every third textbox and the flow of sentences was off in many places
-REALLY dislike the fishing minigame; it's annoying to get the unpredictable circles to line up and in general, I'm so sick of fishing minigames at all. The act of fishing is fine, but I hate having to play a tedious game to do it. I just played a different game that had an option to turn the minigame OFF for those who didn't like it, maybe do that to cater to everyone? Also don't like how even if you succeed the game, you can get nothing at all
-Some things were not well explained. For example: how do I craft fishing bait? I bought recipes to make new kinds and learned them, but I have no clue how to. It isn't under 'craft charms', so I have no idea where else it could be

I really had very few complaints, just minor but very noticeable annoyances. I know it's coming out a bit unpolished first, but that means the earlier the feedback is given, the earlier they can think about some fixes!
Last edited by Zifeara; Jun 27 @ 1:41pm