No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
Adrift - Rendezvous 4 - No edit permission
Seems like someone built a base and I can't find it to report it :(
Originally posted by Geldric™:
"X" Quickmenu, go one icon past the screenshot (camera) to the right and that's where the base(s) will be listed

Select it, do the screenshot thingy and submit.... Bobgek's Your uncle
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
"X" Quickmenu, go one icon past the screenshot (camera) to the right and that's where the base(s) will be listed

Last edited by Geldric™; Jul 9 @ 9:47am
That happened to me on the Adrift Expedition right at the very start where I walked to the broken ship. I could not dig the salvage data below the ground because of the "No edit permission" message. I could not see a nearby base computer(s) that presumably was cause.

I later discovered that at the teleport in the abandoned space station it is possible to review the list of bases or locations in the system and there is a report icon visible to select. The Quick Menu is fastest and more convenient though.

Note that at the Anomaly other player base lists are temporarily disabled. This is because no other players are present, together in the Anomaly during the Adrift 'abandoned' expedition. However, Adrift bases are showing at crafted personal teleports and abandoned space stations.
Last edited by Johnny in the Clouds; Jul 12 @ 7:47am
Originally posted by Geldric™:

Thanks. I reported the base. Let's see if it gets removed.

Edit: Yes. That worked. Thanks again!
There just has to be someone trying to spoil things for others...
Last edited by ChunkHunter; Jul 9 @ 10:32am
hot dog Jul 9 @ 11:34am 
Originally posted by ChunkHunter:
Thanks. I reported the base. Let's see if it gets removed.

FYI reporting a base, doesn't actually report it to anyone, just triggers the automatic removal from your game.

Someone did a bit of digging and found the report resolved to a 404.
...There just has to be someone trying to spoil things for others...
Maybe : ( , but probably unlikely. : D There is an element of doubt as the game can be played offline and earlier players on the expedition route (or other popular hubs), may have chosen to build nearby, completely unaware of other constructions, or future ones

Base build regions may end up overlapping if bases have been extended to reach shared 'hotspots' for mining or power and so on, but that wouldn't be immediately obvious until the bases are finally uploaded. It's rare to come across players with malicious intent to disrupt others, partly because the scale of the game is just too big and any instant that does, is unfortunate and often isolated. Many PvP encounters are also short lived, as affected players have the tools to disable PvP, vanish or control base settings.

As the game however continues to attract more and more players to expeditions I guess one or two more fun loving twits will always surface for the 'teenage kicks'. Then again it could be those thrill seeking pensioners or ex NASA astronauts having a laugh 'Doom playing' : D Might even be Elon Musk hacking in his pyjamas. o.O
Last edited by Johnny in the Clouds; Jul 9 @ 5:03pm
Elon Musk in his jammies playing NMS and eating a bowl of Fruit Loops w/ a can of Sugar Free Mountain Dew (Breakfast of Champions or at least engineers)... Thanks so much for my first full-on laugh of the day! Thanks Johnny!
This is the first expedition I've completed (came back after a few years, when i played, expeditions weren't a thing.) How would someone building a base hinder your ability to reach the rendezvous? If anything, the bases seem to be a shortcut to them.
Originally posted by God of Snacks:
This is the first expedition I've completed (came back after a few years, when i played, expeditions weren't a thing.) How would someone building a base hinder your ability to reach the rendezvous? If anything, the bases seem to be a shortcut to them.
It doesn't hinder you getting to the rendezvous - it just stops you from being able to complete the task set at the rendezvous.
Psyclos Jul 11 @ 12:04pm 
With 7-8k hours in nms since launch, I've just started playing again since October 2023 on the ADRIFT expedition and run into this problem at rendevous 4 -tried reporting the ( unseen ) base I assume was causing the trouble but with only limited success as I was unable to take a screenshot showing the error message - also was unable to add a comms ball although several others have left them/. I managed to accesss 5 of the 6 cargo lockers getting 2 bulkheads and i multitool expansion slot
Originally posted by Psyclos:
With 7-8k hours in nms since launch, I've just started playing again since October 2023 on the ADRIFT expedition and run into this problem at rendevous 4 -tried reporting the ( unseen ) base I assume was causing the trouble but with only limited success as I was unable to take a screenshot showing the error message - also was unable to add a comms ball although several others have left them/. I managed to accesss 5 of the 6 cargo lockers getting 2 bulkheads and i multitool expansion slot
I think there were multiple bases there. I just reported them all :D
..I think there were multiple bases there. I just reported them all :D
Were you able to dig the terrain after doing that?
Originally posted by Foxglovez:
... Thanks so much for my first full-on laugh of the day! Thanks Johnny!
LOL you're welcome! : )
Last edited by Johnny in the Clouds; Jul 12 @ 7:49am
Kalshion Jul 12 @ 9:14pm 
Originally posted by Johnny in the Clouds:
That happened to me on the Adrift Expedition right at the very start where I walked to the broken ship. I could not dig the salvage data below the ground because of the "No edit permission" message. I could not see a nearby base computer(s) that presumably was cause.

I later discovered that at the teleport in the abandoned space station it is possible to review the list of bases or locations in the system and there is a report icon visible to select. The Quick Menu is fastest and more convenient though.

Note that at the Anomaly other player base lists are temporarily disabled. This is because no other players are present, together in the Anomaly during the Adrift 'abandoned' expedition. However, Adrift bases are showing at crafted personal teleports and abandoned space stations.

Something I discovered in previous expeditions was people able to build base computers and place them *underground*, making them difficult to find. It's why I've been unable to complete several of those expeditions :(
Originally posted by Kalshion:

Something I discovered in previous expeditions was people able to build base computers and place them *underground*, making them difficult to find. It's why I've been unable to complete several of those expeditions :(
Use the method I put as the answer.
This finds *all* bases in the vicinity.
..I think there were multiple bases there. I just reported them all :D
Were you able to dig the terrain after doing that?
Yes, I was.

For info there was a similar problem at the final rendezvous.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50