No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
High Value Crashed Ship
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3285112252

This was the ship I was sent to for the first stage of Under A Rebel Star. It's the highest value I've seen for a crashed ship by a long way...but I'm sure someone will be able to top it?

(I only got a measly 17.4m when I scrapped it though, if anyone's wondering)
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Trick is to fill in rows of cargo slots with salvage cargo slot modules before you sell.

That's only worth doing when there are small gaps in existing rows and - by the time you have spare cargo modules you don't really need the units anyway ;).
gNg Jul 8 @ 3:48pm 
Yeah, I know I could have got a lot more for it, but like you say, I didn't need the units and it wasn't worth the effort.

It was more the starting value I was interested in and wondered if anyone else had seen anything of similar value.
You don't need to fill in the slots. Just fix the drives, then summon it to your base (or freighter). Take the time to repair the Cargo slots that don't require truly exotic stuff (usually the last 2 to 4 need Activated Copper. Ignore the Tech slots.

At a guesstimate, it would have taken you about 1.5M units worth of materials to repair the (unseen) Cargo area. In return, it would probably raised the return from scrapping the ship later to about 40+M.

That's because the value of the ship for scrapping is based on type, class, ... and OPEN Cargo slots.

Oh, and on a hi-value B-class Hauler, in addition to the 3-6 salable or reusable upgrade modules you would get along with the scrap, you are virtually guaranteed to get 2-3 Storage Augmentation chits.
Last edited by dreamrider; Jul 8 @ 5:21pm
By experience I only scrap Sentinel ships, which get me between 30 and 50m.
It's been a long time since I bothered salvaging any other ship but I'd wouldn't be surprised your find tops any of mine :steamthumbsup:
Last edited by PepeMilagro; Jul 8 @ 9:20pm
That is indeed a high value... most of the Haulers I end up scrapping only have 20-ish cargo slots... so not even worth 1/3 of that 83.5M

Since that value is based on the fully repaired ship w/48 slots, I'm not sure anyone could find a higher value... I'm not familiar with the "cash" value of Sentinel ships but I've never found a Sentinel ship with 48 slots, so...
Originally posted by PepeMilagro:
By experience I only scrap Sentinel ships, which get me between 30 and 50m.
It's been a long time since I bothered salvaging any other ship but I'd wouldn't be surprised your find tops any of mine :steamthumbsup:

If you are scrapping ships for cash and parts nothing beats Sentinel ships. Easy to get. A three-star system rewards you with higher classes. You'll get tired of scrapping them but if you need units, it darn easy to get 1,000,000,000+. If you want to scrap that long. You only need 1 camp. Beacon it so you can come back. You trash the weapon getting the mirror back. So you don't need to hunt for more than the one you need to start. Shards are easy they are everywhere. Better yet at each crash site there is a broken guy to loot. You can get brains from the 10 at a time. So, you'll end up with stacks of brains too.

You'll have upgrades modules, nanites and units. And maybe even a S class you'd keep if it's the look you like, and the super charged slots are to your liking.

Kind of poor game design because it shouldn't be this easy.

I'm not sure how many ships you'll get from just 1 camp. I usually tire of it long before I run out of ships.

I'm usually board with it around billion units.

I don't keep ships other than the one I use so I have 11 shots. I scrap the 11 go back to the beacon to get more. Remember to beacon or you'll never find the camp again.
gNg Jul 9 @ 2:06pm 
PepeMilagro: I usually stick to interceptors too and I probably wouldn't even have stopped to look at this one if the mission hadn't sent me there.

Geldric: I hadn't considered that might be about the max value for a crashed hauler and was half expecting someone to say they'd found one worth twice that amount. I'm glad I took a pic now. I don't suppose I'll be finding another like it any time soon :)

caseyas435943: You're right, it is too easy to make a fortune scrapping interceptors and I've had to discipline myself not to leave beacons at the camps I visit anymore (most of the time, anyway!). Maybe if it was limited so you could only get one ship per camp, or they were damaged and had to be repaired the same other crashed ships, it would make it seem less of an exploit. I doubt it's likely to change though.
Last edited by gNg; Jul 9 @ 2:11pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50