KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-

View Stats:
Are there any fixes to these crashes?
It's annoying because I'd love to experience these games from the beginning sense I'm a avid fan. However, I got so far into KH1 (Up to Hollow Bastion) where the game decides to crash every odd load screen. Usually if I play it long enough.

I managed to beat the game only by restarting the application every time i saved and knew i was going to be fighting long boss battles.

I hear these problems persist in the other games and would be annoying to play through KH2 and BBS with these crashes.

This is my specs.

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
CPU - Intel Core i3 7100
Ram - 16gb

Outside of the crashes the game (KH1) worked fine for me. Kind of annoying that my playthroughs might be marred by these. I tried messing with the settings as well, even lowering framerate and such to no avail.

Has anyone figured out how to play through these games as smoothly as possible?
SquEEnix need to fix these ports!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
JC Jul 9 @ 9:04am 
Yet more evidence that even nVidia cards are experiencing crashes.

All we can do is wait for an update. Supposedly, one is being tested, but no one really knows what's in it, so my hopes aren't very high.
try locking the fps to 60 and turn off v-sync that seems to work for some people
I had 2 crashes in over 200 hours so far, both on the same day and both in kh1. I restarted my system after the second crash and hadnt encountered another since.

But i know that my case is pretty lucky and from what i gathered its basicaly a coinflip if you get a relative smooth experience or one riddled with random ctd's.

I really hope for everybody with frequent crashes that a patch is released soon cause i love these games and i want other people to have a great time playing them and not having their experience soured by issues that shouldve been fixed 3 years ago when the games released on the EGS.

For my specs and settings if it helps anybody:

GPU- RTX 3060
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Ram- 16GB

Screen Mode: Windowed
Resolution: 1600x900
Frame Rate:60FPS
Refresh Rate: On
I crash without fail around the 1 hour mark every time I play. It's gotten to the point where at the 40 min mark I save every 5 minutes or just exit the game...
I didn't crash once before Netherland, close to around 15 hours. I hit 33 hours yesterday and I've crashed 10 times between then and now. Either entering a menu, or pausing the game.

RTX 4080.
I7 13700k.
Ram 32GB.

Hasn't mattered if I'm on 60FPS, unlimited or 30FPS. The crashing has gotten worse the further in I've gone, to the point I've had back to back menu crashes just between synthesising the Ultima Weapon and saving. But I finished off Ice Titan, Seph, Phantom and Kurt, so atleast the side fights are done.
Originally posted by Jimmy Hunter:
I didn't crash once before Netherland, close to around 15 hours. I hit 33 hours yesterday and I've crashed 10 times between then and now. Either entering a menu, or pausing the game.

RTX 4080.
I7 13700k.
Ram 32GB.

Hasn't mattered if I'm on 60FPS, unlimited or 30FPS. The crashing has gotten worse the further in I've gone, to the point I've had back to back menu crashes just between synthesising the Ultima Weapon and saving. But I finished off Ice Titan, Seph, Phantom and Kurt, so atleast the side fights are done.

Same here, got about 13 hours in with zero crashes, now I can’t go more than 30 minutes without a crash, usually brought on by opening menus or cutscenes/load screens ending. Crashing persists into 2.5, haven’t tried any other titles yet.

Running a 2070TI
Last edited by skoalincoal; Jul 9 @ 2:37pm
Got all the way to Hollow Bastion without a single crash, even beat Ansem Riku before I had my first crash trying to get to a save point after the cutscenes in Traverse Town. Now I frequently crash on pauses or after an extended duration. I literally just crashed again halfway through Hades Cup (just beat Cerberus) so I'm hesitant to even progress with anything because the only thing left is main story and I want to do more side content. It's just farming synth materials and hope I save before I crash again...
(Dylan) Jul 10 @ 2:37am 
My KH2 kept crashing during the Port Royal ship transfers. Updating graphics card worked though, no crashes since
Fiddy Jul 10 @ 3:00am 
The problem is actually intel cards! For some reason this game launches using the intel integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU. To fix this you *can* use the nvidia control panel, but that software is trash tbh.

The better way if you're on Windows is to go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics
Under "Add an app" click "Browse" and locate the exe files in the game's install directory. Add all of them (one per game plus the game select menu) and then select each one, click "Options" and a "Graphics Preference" box will appear. Change the setting from "Let Windows decide" to "High Performance" and hit save

This fixes almost all the crashes.

If you're okay with modding, I would also recommend installing the autosave mod.
Originally posted by Fiddy:
The problem is actually intel cards! For some reason this game launches using the intel integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU. To fix this you *can* use the nvidia control panel, but that software is trash tbh.

The better way if you're on Windows is to go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics
Under "Add an app" click "Browse" and locate the exe files in the game's install directory. Add all of them (one per game plus the game select menu) and then select each one, click "Options" and a "Graphics Preference" box will appear. Change the setting from "Let Windows decide" to "High Performance" and hit save

This fixes almost all the crashes.

If you're okay with modding, I would also recommend installing the autosave mod.
these issues affect all systems if you are playing the wrong game. nothing to do with intel/amd/nvidia. the ports are bad.
CoolAde Jul 11 @ 10:26am 
Ran 3/4 games on proud mode and critical, 200+ hours, not even once have I had the game crash.
Seems like a system problem and not a game problem.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50