Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 6:28pm
[solved] Need help getting mods to work
[Update] Solution: Installed ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated.

Hey, I'm having problems getting mods to work. I tested simple texture mods with Nexus Mod Manager, but no luck. In NMM everything seems fine, but in the game nothing shows up. Is there something I can do to check if NMM is configured correctly?
Last edited by Jaeger Pilot; Mar 1, 2015 @ 8:38am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:08pm 
why don't you install something easy to prove? like a weapon or a house?
Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:40pm 
Originally posted by R5CYA:
why don't you install something easy to prove? like a weapon or a house?

I've tried with outfits. No luck. Do you know what might be the problem? The game is a fresh install from Steam. NMM is a fresh install. I can start the game from NMM, so I guess it's configured correctly in that regard.
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:42pm 
did you install FOSE?
Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:47pm 
did you install FOSE?

Yes. Tried both with and without. I don't see how FOSE has any effect on simple models and texture mods, though. Unless I am missing something?
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:48pm 
what mods are they and what did the author say was required to use them.
did you test FOSE with the console?
Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:54pm 

Hang on... I think I found a problem... Apparently I have a folder called:

F:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout3\Mods

where NMM stored my mods. Does this matter, or should the mods be stored in the steam game folder? Fixing it now.
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 8:56pm 
not sure. maybe answering my questions first would be better. if you want help anyways.
Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 9:06pm 
not sure. maybe answering my questions first would be better. if you want help anyways.

I removed all the mods, so now I have none. I'm trying to find a simple mod that I will immediately see if it works. I did not use a console.
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 9:10pm 
shoulda left them alone and told me what they were. gotta run now. i'll check back in the a.m.
Jaeger Pilot Feb 25, 2015 @ 9:13pm 
shoulda left them alone and told me what they were. gotta run now. i'll check back in the a.m.

They got removed when I changed the mod folder. But I wanted to start with something easy anyway. One mod, easy to check if it works. I need to go for now as well.

The mod I will be testing with, is the Hi-Res Weapons v3 by the a - burns. It listed no requirements.
Eleazaros Feb 25, 2015 @ 10:34pm 
I use Nexus Mod Manager but I don't see how I can tell which are actually installed and working vs FOMM -- Fallout Mod Manager.

So I use NMM to download and set them up from the Nexus site but FOMM to manage and order their loading.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36901/?

That's the link to the Fallout Mod Manager. You can adjust loading order, immediately toggle on and off different mods and launch FOSE/Fallout from the manager to test them out - exit, try again, adjust, tweak, etc.

It's a handy tool.
R5CYA Feb 25, 2015 @ 10:47pm 
FO3Edit for the sorting, conflict and load order win!
WOOKIENATOR Feb 26, 2015 @ 8:07am 
FO3Edit for the sorting, conflict and load order win!

You wanna use LOOT for sorting (Load order?) and FO3Edit to create a merge patch
Darkswirl Feb 26, 2015 @ 8:14am 
Originally posted by Jaeger Pilot:

Hang on... I think I found a problem... Apparently I have a folder called:

F:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout3\Mods

where NMM stored my mods. Does this matter, or should the mods be stored in the steam game folder? Fixing it now.

That's the default folder that NMM stores your mods so that they'll show up as files within the NMM application. To make sure your files installed correctly into your Fallout 3 data folder, try a manual download of the mod first, extract it, and compare the folders to those in your data folder.

NMM is still a baby, so it's going to get a lot of stuff wrong, especially with bigger files like a complete texture overhaul. Manual installation is honestly fairly simply and quick with most files.
Jaeger Pilot Feb 26, 2015 @ 1:52pm 
I guess I'll try FOMM and/or manual install. I'll worry about load order once I have more than one mod. For now, though, I am just trying to get one mod to work. Strange that I can't get mods for Fallout to work considering I have been modding Skyrim since release. Is it because of the GOTY edition? It failed to load DLCs as well at first.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 25, 2015 @ 6:28pm