Magical Delicacy

Magical Delicacy

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Skaule  [developer] Feb 4 @ 9:19am
Magical Delicacy FAQ
Magical Delicacy is a wholesome pixel art platformer. Cook magical delicacies from a vast collection of ingredients in your own shop. Explore an unfamiliar town and deliver tasty treats to the townsfolk. Learn new ways to traverse, discover secrets, and experience a unique witchy world.

FAQ:

Q: Who is developing the game?
A: I, skaule, am developing the majority of the game as a solo developer located in Hamburg, Germany, with additional work, help, and support by Dale North (Soundtrack), Warlocs (Localization), and Whitethorn Games (Publishing, Marketing, Porting, QA).

Q: Does the game run on the Steam Deck?
A: Even if not verified yet, I'm confident that the game will run fine on Steam Deck in most cases.

Q: Is it supported on Mac or Linux?
A: The game has support for Windows only. It works well with Proton for Linux, allowing for Steam Deck compatibility. Unfortunately, I can't promise a native Mac or Linux version at this point.

Q: What controls are supported?
A: The game offers full controller support and using a controller is highly recommended. It is fully playable using the keyboard and both keyboard and controller are fully rebindable. Mouse input will be added at a later date.

Q: What accessibility settings does the game feature?
A: It features many settings to aid you in experiencing the game comfortably. See https://whitethorngames.com/magicaldelicacy/accessibility for a detailed list. I strive to add more accessibility features at a later date depending on player feedback. If you have any concerns or suggestion, feel free to post them on this Discussion Board.

Q: Does Demo savedata carry over?
A: Unfortunately this is not supported.

Q: What languages are available.
A: The game is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Latin American Spanish. Other languages might be supported at a later point.

Q: Where can I leave Feedback/Suggestions?
A: Please post any feedback in this Discussion Board or the Magical Delicacy channel in the Whitethorn Games Discord https://discord.gg/whitethorngames Server.
Last edited by Skaule; Jul 18 @ 2:45pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
BigMuh Jul 16 @ 1:32am 
Hi ^_^
Mouse input will be added at a later date. When? July 16th 2024? Or later?
ezenk Jul 16 @ 3:11pm 
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but it seems like there are issues with the button configuration for the switch pro controller. It'll prompt you to press A to select something and B to go back, but the buttons are flipped on the actual controller. Same thing for the X and Y buttons. It seems like it's configured for an Xbox controller instead of the switch controller. I have it set to the switch configuration, but it's still happening. I tested out the demo, and it's configured perfectly fine on there. I don't know if I'm the only one dealing with this, but is that something that can be looked into?
Himawari Jul 17 @ 4:08am 
I could not start the game with my Steam Deck. I've been able to play with the protons, but I couldn't get any materials at all, and soon I was stuck...:sad_seagull:
Originally posted by Himawari:
I could not start the game with my Steam Deck. I've been able to play with the protons, but I couldn't get any materials at all, and soon I was stuck...:sad_seagull:
Oh, that's disappointing. I might give it a go myself as well.
Hello there, suggestion here! I played the demo and was happy to buy this game, but one point is bothering me. :CryingGhost:

As I mentioned in the official demo feedback before, the character movement gives me headache 'cause of the visual blur.. i really hoped that would be more optimized ingame but sadly i don't see any changes about it.. I weren't the only one who spoke about this in the past so... (Right now i'm at the very beginning of the game 'cause i tried some settings).

I like the idea of giving the option of contrast lines around the character but in white it's just harder to watch her moving around.. maybe change the color to black or some darker color or give the player the option to change the color to their personal preference? (btw i really love the artwork of the game!)

I guess the vision blur effect is from to much movement in the character itselfs so this couldn't be easyly changed, so maybe the individual changeable colorlines are a compromise? I really like it and want to play it without pause it that often :3. But if this isn't an option i guess i will deal with it :D.
:GhostFlowerHappy:
Hamburg 👏
How much meat or fish cooking is in the game? (I generally avoid cooking games, as I don't want to deal with animal-derived ingredients, but this one doesn't really seem to feature any based on the screenshots 🤔)
SimplyJ Jul 18 @ 9:30pm 
Hi I've been playing the game for a little bit and so far so good. My issue is that I got stuck on a ledge and can't move to get out. Will there be any "unstuck" button in the future?
Originally posted by kazerniel:
How much meat or fish cooking is in the game?
It's funny you ask.. there is no meat or fish in this game.. you cook with: fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, mushrooms, crops and nuts.. I didn't even know games like this existed, but I was pleasantly surprised
Originally posted by CarbonBeast:
It's funny you ask.. there is no meat or fish in this game.. you cook with: fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, mushrooms, crops and nuts.. I didn't even know games like this existed, but I was pleasantly surprised
Thank you, wishlisted! :winter2019happyyul:
Originally posted by meowdame_Sola:
Hello there, suggestion here! I played the demo and was happy to buy this game, but one point is bothering me. :CryingGhost:

As I mentioned in the official demo feedback before, the character movement gives me headache 'cause of the visual blur.. i really hoped that would be more optimized ingame but sadly i don't see any changes about it.. I weren't the only one who spoke about this in the past so... (Right now i'm at the very beginning of the game 'cause i tried some settings).

I like the idea of giving the option of contrast lines around the character but in white it's just harder to watch her moving around.. maybe change the color to black or some darker color or give the player the option to change the color to their personal preference? (btw i really love the artwork of the game!)

I guess the vision blur effect is from to much movement in the character itselfs so this couldn't be easyly changed, so maybe the individual changeable colorlines are a compromise? I really like it and want to play it without pause it that often :3. But if this isn't an option i guess i will deal with it :D.
:GhostFlowerHappy:
Do you mean the slight screen shake when you move? Because I hate that as well.
Originally posted by arualient:
Do you mean the slight screen shake when you move? Because I hate that as well.

Could be. Dunno what exactly it is, whatever it is - that the blurry/shaking effect is difficult for me.
Veitrew Jul 19 @ 4:16pm 
I can confirm the game runs perfectly fine on my steamdeck
Hawke Jul 20 @ 3:27am 
Originally posted by CarbonBeast:
Thank you for the information. Wishlisted the game.

Originally posted by Skaule:
Q: What controls are supported?
A: The game offers full controller support and using a controller is highly recommended. It is fully playable using the keyboard and both keyboard and controller are fully rebindable. Mouse input will be added at a later date.
Thank you very much for implementing customisable controls from the start.
I'm playing this on PC GamePass with KBM. There's zero option to rebind keyboard controls, only controller controls
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50