The Lord of the Rings Online™

The Lord of the Rings Online™

Player base
Taking in consideration steam low player base and official launcher, how many online aprox?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Kormach Jun 15 @ 5:27pm 
There are two answers to that question: They don't release player counts so nobody really knows, and it depends on the server, time of day, and day of the week. Very few people play on Steam, so it's hard to judge from that.

I'm on Landroval. Most of the times I play it shows 250-550 non-anons, so take that for whatever it may be worth.
Havene Jun 15 @ 8:28pm 
I'm on Arkenstone. There's usually around 500-600 non-anon players online but I bet there are at least a few more hundred who stay on anon.
Harvain Jun 16 @ 8:30am 
No Official Numbers. Healthy Playerbase to still get Updates + New Content.

Plenty of Games that are Online will have far larger Playerbases especially for Concurrent Player Numbers.
Kilrok Jun 20 @ 7:51am 
I would say based on US/NA server numbers that there are anywhere between 2-3k players during peak times (across all servers). I play on Crickhollow which is not the largest server and there are usually on average around 300-400 players online at any given time
Astray Jun 25 @ 9:21am 
Which is very very low
NavFamG Jun 25 @ 6:10pm 
Originally posted by Astray:
Which is very very low

Maybe, but it is a niche game so maybe not?

Also the numbers really only matter considering what you want to do; you still see big RP events, people still raid and the festivals are nicely full.
Chucky Jun 26 @ 9:32am 
As a very rough estimate i would say there is 3-4x as many players off steam as on steam. The game was out for decades before being added to steam and people dont really go looking for mmos on steam anyway plus the steam launcher is worse so even people that start on steam have a good chance of switching off of it since you have to make an account with them anyways.
Harvain Jun 26 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by Chucky:
As a very rough estimate i would say there is 3-4x as many players off steam as on steam. The game was out for decades before being added to steam and people dont really go looking for mmos on steam anyway plus the steam launcher is worse so even people that start on steam have a good chance of switching off of it since you have to make an account with them anyways.
It's far more than that.

To give an actual amount of accounts back in 2020: September 2020 was reported to have had 108,000 Accounts login during that month.

Compared to the highest amount playing using Steam on any given day was 1,523 Steam Users who had LOTRO running back on September 8th, 2020.

Granted that was heading towards 4 years ago, during the "Pandemic Year", and so on, that should highlight how there is very limited numbers using Steam to run LOTRO versus the Standalone Client for the Game.
Gomer Jun 27 @ 7:05pm 
Honestly, the only player count that matters is how many actively engaged kinship members is in whichever group you join. An active group of 6 players, playing together once a week, makes the world come to life in a way that raw player counts fails to capture.
Originally posted by Harvain:

Plenty of Games that are Online will have far larger Playerbases especially for Concurrent Player Numbers.
Why Do You Type Like This? This Is Wrong.
Harvain Jun 28 @ 11:17am 
Originally posted by 󠀡󠀡Paxtn:

Why Do You Type Like This? This Is Wrong.
I don't capitalize every word if that is what you are on about. If I am discussing certain topics I will capitalize certain words that are important.
If I am discussing certain topics I will capitalize certain words that are important.
Is German your native language or something? In English we don't randomly capitalise words.
Originally posted by SoloVan:
Taking in consideration steam low player base and official launcher, how many online aprox?
The number of yearly, unique, active accounts (not characters) is likely less than 5,000.
ᚫᛋᚳᚪ Jun 29 @ 12:11pm 
English "does" use capitalized words to highlight important elements within a sentence, especially when important information is being provided.
You might want to ask your English teacher for a refund. General, conversational, textual dialogue between people - in English - precludes the capitalisation of random words for emphasis; you seem to be mistaking it for a film poster or newspaper headline. I strongly suspect that English isn't your first language.
󠀡󠀡Paxtn Jun 29 @ 12:32pm 
Originally posted by Agarthan Knight:
Also if this many people are telling u you are wrong, maybe its you? just a thought haha crazy I know
he's rocking that custom English language pack.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Per page: 1530 50