The Lord of the Rings Online™

The Lord of the Rings Online™

Server up yet ?
Can’t believe it took me this long to finally play this game and get myself & my brother hooked on it ,

It felt like EverQuest 1 epic scale big zone design mix Warcraft

Perfect game as a place holder for while waiting monsters and memories early launch in. 2026

https://monstersandmemories.com/
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Downtime Notice: Wednesday, July 10th 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Tue, 09 Jul 2024 20:07:32 +0000
The LOTRO game worlds will be down for extended maintenance on Wednesday, July 10th from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
Last edited by Running-Target; Jul 10 @ 7:20am
Berserkr Jul 10 @ 8:13am 
Games back up
Thx for link for that other game it seems neat I just hope it's a tad more forgiving than original EQ was lol
Meln Jul 10 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Berserkr:
Games back up
Thx for link for that other game it seems neat I just hope it's a tad more forgiving than original EQ was lol

Why do you say fake ♥♥♥♥? The severs are still down...
Berserkr Jul 10 @ 9:06am 
Originally posted by Meln:
Why do you say fake ♥♥♥♥? The severs are still down...
Chill out my bad saw it said servers were back up on Twitter but it was for yesterday the 9th when they were having issues
DZP Jul 10 @ 10:00am 
Extended maintenance can be so frustrating! It feels like it's always dragging on forever. They really need to step up their game and get things fixed faster. It's like dealing with the same old sh.. every time.
robinchu Jul 10 @ 10:19am 
really it is so that every Wednesday you cannot play this game?
Last edited by robinchu; Jul 10 @ 8:21pm
There is maintenance every week. It's obviously not an extended maintenance every time, else 'extended' would lose its meaning.
Crunch Jul 10 @ 7:44pm 
Originally posted by Mobile Doll Cordelia:
There is maintenance every week. It's obviously not an extended maintenance every time, else 'extended' would lose its meaning.
Reminds me of the shortcut thing, "it is supposed to be hard, if it wasn't it would just be known as THE WAY instead of a shortcut"
Originally posted by Berserkr:
Games back up

Yup , and they are offering public play test without charging you $1

unlike pantheon : rise of the fallen / ashes of creation .. $300-650 $ usd for unlimited beta access lol

sadly you just missed out on the play test at 30 June , it was fun , and no
Monsters and memories not only want to replicate the EQ feel but seems they want to be better …
even the game is more brutal more truth to that D&D rule set ( when you are dead your spellbook with all your spells remains on your corpse , so there’s literally nothing you can do except seek help from others ,

It was like eq before 2000 people actually interact with each other
Crunch Jul 11 @ 5:46am 
how are the servers still down a day later
Berserkr Jul 11 @ 8:58am 
Originally posted by Crunch:
how are the servers still down a day later
They're not
Berserkr Jul 11 @ 9:02am 
Originally posted by pantheon0918:
Yup , and they are offering public play test without charging you $1

unlike pantheon : rise of the fallen / ashes of creation .. $300-650 $ usd for unlimited beta access lol

sadly you just missed out on the play test at 30 June , it was fun , and no
Monsters and memories not only want to replicate the EQ feel but seems they want to be better …
even the game is more brutal more truth to that D&D rule set ( when you are dead your spellbook with all your spells remains on your corpse , so there’s literally nothing you can do except seek help from others ,

It was like eq before 2000 people actually interact with each other
I could see how that would be appealing to some people I tried going back on Project 1999 and just couldn't do it, I loved the game but having to reset up spells every time something happened was the turn off, still glad they're doing the game though
Yeah I commented on one of their Youtube videos and someone wrote back I then asked if they were gonna have another playtest as I just found out about the game less than 48 hours ago, then joked that all 50 players in Rift now know about the game lol
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50