The Lord of the Rings Online™

The Lord of the Rings Online™

Missing Toons
I decided to pick this game up again after not playing for 14 years or so. I found my old login credentials and signed in through steam. Then I checked the server browser but it looks like all my old toons are missing?

Did the game delete them at some point, or is there a way to contact customer service to get them back?

Help would be appreciated!
Originally posted by NavFamG:
You should check each server for your characters, don't just look at the top one. Every time you download the game fresh it resets the server list so the 'last played' is not on the top anymore.

You can check to see if the 'transfer' button is up on the Lotro 'My Account' page. If so hit it to see which server your characters are on.

Neither Turbine nor SSG has ever deleted characters, but when the last server merge happened, those that didn't transfer their characters off closing servers, ended up having them trapped on those now closed servers. SSG says they haven't given up on getting characters off closed servers, but they've been working on it for years so I wouldn't hold my breath it happening any time soon.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Were you playing in the EU or US servers?
Originally posted by Elitewrecker PT:
Were you playing in the EU or US servers?
US Server
Kormach Jul 3 @ 4:27pm 
There were server merges a few years ago. Your toons were probably on one of them. I don't believe they delete old/unused accounts or toons.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
NavFamG Jul 3 @ 6:44pm 
You should check each server for your characters, don't just look at the top one. Every time you download the game fresh it resets the server list so the 'last played' is not on the top anymore.

You can check to see if the 'transfer' button is up on the Lotro 'My Account' page. If so hit it to see which server your characters are on.

Neither Turbine nor SSG has ever deleted characters, but when the last server merge happened, those that didn't transfer their characters off closing servers, ended up having them trapped on those now closed servers. SSG says they haven't given up on getting characters off closed servers, but they've been working on it for years so I wouldn't hold my breath it happening any time soon.
I checked the launcher and it says as of right now, toon transfers are disabled for maintenance. I'll wait a bit and then see what can be done. I very much appreciate the help
Ya some servers were deactivated but if you know what server it was they can dig them up and put them on a server for you.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50