The Lord of the Rings Online™

The Lord of the Rings Online™

LOTRO on Steam Deck
I've seen various posts that show people playing LOTRO on their SD. Currently trying to play on mine but I cannot get it to work.

Launcher starts, I put in my acc creds and select a server. Intro video plays and then the game crashes without any message back to the steam play screen..

I've tried swapping 32/64 clients, launching with multiple compatibility versions of proton(v9, v7, experimental), even re-downloaded the whole game through launcher(repair), nothing seems to work..

For anyone that actually does play LOTRO on SD, did you face any of those issues and how did you solve it?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Kormach May 28 @ 6:08am 
I don't have a Steam Deck, but I know the game requires .Net and DirectX. Does the Steam Deck have those? Do you have to use to Steam to download, or can you use LoTRO.com? The official site download doesn't have the issues the Steam download has.

I have no idea if that will help, but might be things to consider.
Maviy May 28 @ 6:50am 
Hello, I installed Lotro normally in my Steamdeck and started playing. The game works very well on the Steamdeck. On Ultra I have FPS from 40 to 60. But the controls are heavy and tiring, so I uninstalled them.
Tell him/her what the version of proton was used.... not the .Net and directx dll required.
Last edited by LeviathanWon; May 29 @ 11:44am
Originally posted by LeviathanWon:
Tell him/her what the version of proton was used.... not the .Net and directx dll required.
why are you so rude for no reason?
Berserkr May 31 @ 10:33am 
Originally posted by ski mask the spliff god:
Originally posted by LeviathanWon:
why are you so rude for no reason?
That was rude?
Ya steamdeck works but you might want a keyboard & mouse to play it.
How the HE double hockey sticks do you map movement on the Steam Deck controls?!?
Originally posted by frog_man1975:
How the HE double hockey sticks do you map movement on the Steam Deck controls?!?
Make a stick WASD then keep the mouse on the right pad.
Originally posted by Diligent Diamond:
Make a stick WASD then keep the mouse on the right pad.

Did that. Still no movement. I gave up. I'll just play it on the laptop with a mouse and keyboard.
Well if you have a mouse and keyboard just get a steamdock to plug them into and your set.
Well if you have a mouse and keyboard just get a steamdock to plug them into and your set.
That kind of limits the portability, though.
steamdock is smaller then the palm of your hand.
Harvain Jul 4 @ 3:51pm 
That kind of limits the portability, though.

I have a dock for my Steam Deck where the Deck sits right on it and then plugs in and takes up very little room. Has it angled to still be easily accessible and at times use a Portable Monitor when I take it places to setup.

It would just depend on what you get to go with a Steam Deck to plug in for a Mouse & Keyboard, there is Bluetooth but being directly connected might be better.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50