Capes
Final Mission Bug? (spoilers)
First bug I’ve run into all game is in the finale. Really enjoyed it and was waiting to post a review until I finished I’ve done the two main objectives , got my hero to the objective to trigger the cut scene. After beating the Alpha, he tells me he’s got one more thing for me. The few tanks that haven’t activated start, but I get them before the enhanced come out and destroy the rest so they can’t activate Nothing happens except the round counter goes up. What am I missing? Do I just need to replay the whole thing?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
SKoyote  [developer] Jun 13 @ 4:11pm 
Originally posted by Isryion04:
First bug I’ve run into all game is in the finale. Really enjoyed it and was waiting to post a review until I finished I’ve done the two main objectives , got my hero to the objective to trigger the cut scene. After beating the Alpha, he tells me he’s got one more thing for me. The few tanks that haven’t activated start, but I get them before the enhanced come out and destroy the rest so they can’t activate Nothing happens except the round counter goes up. What am I missing? Do I just need to replay the whole thing?

Hi! We have a fix for this internally that hasn't gone out in a patch yet.

In the meantime, to shed some light/help this be avoided, if you destroy all of the giant chambers before depleting Alpha's health bar/triggering his phase change., that should allow the mission to conclude properly.

Very sorry to for the inconvenience :(
melkathi Jun 14 @ 1:49pm 
I got a different bug.
Mindfire burst into the room twice. Alpha needs to have his health reduced to 0 three times. Mindfire burst in after the second time, then again after properly defeating Alpha. He was getting one turn proper, and then a shadow turn, where the second instance of Mindfire would activate, but couldn't because it never spawned as he already was in the mission
Last edited by melkathi; Jun 14 @ 1:49pm
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 14 @ 5:27pm 
Originally posted by melkathi:
I got a different bug.
Mindfire burst into the room twice. Alpha needs to have his health reduced to 0 three times. Mindfire burst in after the second time, then again after properly defeating Alpha. He was getting one turn proper, and then a shadow turn, where the second instance of Mindfire would activate, but couldn't because it never spawned as he already was in the mission
Exciting! We've never seen that one before. We'll look into it! Sorry for the inconvenience :(
melkathi Jun 14 @ 9:53pm 
Is there a log file I can send you?
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 14 @ 10:02pm 
Originally posted by melkathi:
Is there a log file I can send you?
Sure! Log files, you can find them in these locations:

Linux:
~/.local/share/Daedalic Entertainment GmbH/Capes/Saved/Logs/
Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/Daedalic Entertainment GmbH/Capes/Saved/Logs/
Windows:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Daedalic Entertainment GmbH\Capes\Saved\Logs\

You can email the log from the play session where this occurred through to DanT (dan at defiant dev dot com) along with a link to this thread, or ping one of us on discord in the Capes tech support channel https://discord.gg/4xrFrP4ATq
Last edited by Cheeseness; Jun 14 @ 10:02pm
Blacksnake Jun 20 @ 10:04pm 
Reunited bug?
The mission never ends!! Alpja is down. I busted ever pod. Every enemy is down. Every objective is complete. I assume something did not trigger.
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 20 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by Blacksnake:
Reunited bug?
The mission never ends!! Alpja is down. I busted ever pod. Every enemy is down. Every objective is complete. I assume something did not trigger.
Merging this in with another thread about the same issue.

Super sorry to hear that you've encountered this bug! We have a fix that will go out in the next patch. SKoyote's workaround here should allow you to progress if you want to play again in the meantime.

Originally posted by SKoyote:
In the meantime, to shed some light/help this be avoided, if you destroy all of the giant chambers before depleting Alpha's health bar/triggering his phase change., that should allow the mission to conclude properly.
My game got softlocked while the enemies were trying to either activate a console or just after, a guy was constantly running, do not recall if the guy who opens the console was the one who would not stop walking. Just repeated it.
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 21 @ 10:16pm 
Originally posted by Bawkdragon:
My game got softlocked while the enemies were trying to either activate a console or just after, a guy was constantly running, do not recall if the guy who opens the console was the one who would not stop walking. Just repeated it.
Sorry to hear this mission is misbehaving for you. This sounds like a different problem to the one(s) covered previously in the thread. Just to be clear, are you saying it never became your turn, or that the enemy kept doing the same action repeatedly?

If you can get us a copy of your game log from the play session where this occurred (and your SaveGame folder if you haven't left/restarted the mission), we can look into it. You can find instructions here.
Bawkdragon Jun 21 @ 10:32pm 
Originally posted by Cheeseness:
Sorry to hear this mission is misbehaving for you. This sounds like a different problem to the one(s) covered previously in the thread. Just to be clear, are you saying it never became your turn, or that the enemy kept doing the same action repeatedly?

If you can get us a copy of your game log from the play session where this occurred (and your SaveGame folder if you haven't left/restarted the mission), we can look into it. You can find instructions here.
It never became my turn, but I already reloaded. It not a big bug, just noting it in case someone else notes.

Awesome game, I would totally buy a DLC where one fights a possibly mind controlled Cruxix or Replayable Roguelike mode.
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 21 @ 11:03pm 
It never became my turn, but I already reloaded. It not a big bug, just noting it in case someone else notes.
Glad to hear you're up and running, and thanks for your kind words!

Would still love to see a log from that play session if you're willing to send it to us. We've not come across/heard of this before, and a log may help shed some light on what happened.
Last edited by Cheeseness; Jun 21 @ 11:05pm
Bawkdragon Jun 21 @ 11:22pm 
Originally posted by Cheeseness:
Glad to hear you're up and running, and thanks for your kind words!

Would still love to see a log from that play session if you're willing to send it to us. We've not come across/heard of this before, and a log may help shed some light on what happened.
I both do not know how to do that, and I think it too late. I already closed down the game, and since reloading fixed it, I doubt it is replicatable at the moment. Maybe someone else will report it.

Yeah, my biggest issue with the game, is now that I have finished It I am not sure what to play.

Their are few quality of life fixes it can use (I really wish I could just skip enemy turns and supers sometimes, and I am not sure why pressing V does not ask for confirmation you want to skip your turn, heaven knows I pressed that key accidentally several times, I thought I unbound it.

But I do love the breath of tactical options, the understandable yet complex puzzles and so on. The satisfaction of a perfect turn where a chain lighting zaps enough foes to charge a super, or Rebound being Rebound and slaughtering everything. Levels that felt unbeatable becoming easy once things clicked. It was a experience.
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 21 @ 11:33pm 
I both do not know how to do that, and I think it too late. I already closed down the game, and since reloading fixed it, I doubt it is replicatable at the moment. Maybe someone else will report it.
Instructions on where to find logs and where to send them are in this post. Capes keeps 10 or so historic logs, so if you can recall when it happened, you may be able to identify which one it was.

Yeah, my biggest issue with the game, is now that I have finished It I am not sure what to play.
If you're not immediately drawn in by the idea of replaying past missions with high level/different heroes, you might find it a fun challenge to play with as few upgrades as possible. All but a few missions toward the end can be completed without any.

Their are few quality of life fixes it can use (I really wish I could just skip enemy turns and supers sometimes, and I am not sure why pressing V does not ask for confirmation you want to skip your turn, heaven knows I pressed that key accidentally several times, I thought I unbound it.
Is it possible that the "Warn on unused actions" setting is off? It's on by default, but there's a checkbox on the confirmation dialog for disabling it that may have gotten checked at some point?

Levels that felt unbeatable becoming easy once things clicked. It was a experience.
Very glad to hear!
Last edited by Cheeseness; Jun 21 @ 11:33pm
Reunited bug?

I have the same problem :steamsad:
Cheeseness  [developer] Jun 23 @ 6:08pm 
Originally posted by WildOne4ever:
Reunited bug?

I have the same problem :steamsad:
Sorry to hear! We have a fix for this coming in a future patch. If you are keen to try again, does SKoyote's workaround in the second post get you through?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50