Horticular

Horticular

View Stats:
UI issues on steam deck
Part of the display is cut off from the screen on the steam deck, and i find that the controls don't work that well. Left thumbstick is way too sensitive to comfortably maneuver for placement etc..
And then there is the odd thing that you have to double press to get to the interaction menu for tiles, which can then not be exited without accidentally taking an action.
The whole thing left me confused...
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
DanPos  [developer] Jul 8 @ 1:56am 
Originally posted by Fierman:
Part of the display is cut off from the screen on the steam deck, and i find that the controls don't work that well. Left thumbstick is way too sensitive to comfortably maneuver for placement etc..
And then there is the odd thing that you have to double press to get to the interaction menu for tiles, which can then not be exited without accidentally taking an action.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we're actively working on getting it completely fit for the Steam Deck, this is the first time hearing some of the display is cut off from the screen however, which part is cut off and by how much?
ugafan Jul 11 @ 3:16am 
Has the UI issue been fixed yet for full release? On the demo, it's still too large. But if the UI size is changed, it doesn't show the large option any more unless it's reset.
Fierman Jul 11 @ 4:06am 
Originally posted by DanPos:

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we're actively working on getting it completely fit for the Steam Deck, this is the first time hearing some of the display is cut off from the screen however, which part is cut off and by how much?

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my late reply.
The controller issues are not SteamDeck specific of course, I would have had the same difficulties on an other machine :)

A few examples about screen cutoff: (nothing serious I assume.. but I still have the feeling that I was missing an important UI element)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3286801738

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3286801572
Last edited by Fierman; Jul 11 @ 4:09am
ugafan Jul 11 @ 8:17am 
Left thumbstick is way too sensitive to comfortably maneuver for placement etc..

I don't have a copy of the game, but I can improve this with a Steam Deck configuration if the developer is willing to provide me a key. The sensitivity will need to be lowered, but I'll also implement some other changes to the dead zone shape, anti-deadzone, and anti-deadzone buffer to change the behavior of the stick. I can also add a layer for left trigger so sensitivity wouldn't be decreased while fast panning.
inDirection Games  [developer] Jul 11 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by ugafan:
Has the UI issue been fixed yet for full release? On the demo, it's still too large. But if the UI size is changed, it doesn't show the large option any more unless it's reset.

Hello. I just got it resolved in version 1.0.1. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll be updating the demo once I've verified it there, too.
scoto21 Jul 11 @ 1:44pm 
Originally posted by inDirection Games:
Originally posted by ugafan:

Hello. I just got it resolved in version 1.0.1. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll be updating the demo once I've verified it there, too.

Hi I have steam deck and would like to check out the demo but I don't see it.
scoto21 Jul 11 @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by DanPos:

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my late reply.
The controller issues are not SteamDeck specific of course, I would have had the same difficulties on an other machine :)

A few examples about screen cutoff: (nothing serious I assume.. but I still have the feeling that I was missing an important UI element)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3286801738

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3286801572

Not that text looks pretty good, I might try the full game.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50