Horticular

Horticular

View Stats:
desangre Sep 30, 2023 @ 3:17pm
Will progress in the demo carry over to the full version?
As per title! :D
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
DanPos  [developer] Oct 1, 2023 @ 9:49am 
Unfortunately not!
desangre Oct 1, 2023 @ 11:25am 
Thanks Dan! Will try it anyway, but still, good to know :)
Returning to this and hoping that perhaps this was put in the works!
DanPos  [developer] Jul 3 @ 2:45am 
Originally posted by snakebuscus:
Returning to this and hoping that perhaps this was put in the works!

The current plan is for it to not carry over, at least not for launch though this could change. Reason for the demo some of the quest content is changed slightly so loading up a save from the demo in the main game needs a little more thought into the handling of this, and it's just one dev who's current focus is on finishing the last things before launch.
Just to add my perspective and please don't take it as criticism but only as feedback: I have to admit that in a game like this the progress not carrying over to the main game has just made me stop playing the demo. I just have too many other games that I can play and I can afford to wait for when I'll want to get the full game no problem. Demo was still good to see overall feel/gameplay/polish.

From a dev perspective I totally understand the work that would be needed and the consequences (at least some!) of making the demo "keep up" with the main game while still developing it.
francescasoph  [developer] Jul 5 @ 6:41am 
Originally posted by desangre:
Just to add my perspective and please don't take it as criticism but only as feedback: I have to admit that in a game like this the progress not carrying over to the main game has just made me stop playing the demo. I just have too many other games that I can play and I can afford to wait for when I'll want to get the full game no problem. Demo was still good to see overall feel/gameplay/polish.

From a dev perspective I totally understand the work that would be needed and the consequences (at least some!) of making the demo "keep up" with the main game while still developing it.
We completely understand & do completely appreciate your feedback, as well as your understanding of the reasons why it's not something we're planning to do right now.

We do hope that you enjoy the game when you're able to get the full version, though!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50