GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

View Stats:
raz3r May 19, 2020 @ 2:19am
Any chance to avoid redownloading the game?
I don't understand how it works if I have the game already installed with GOG.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Croij May 19, 2020 @ 6:07am 
Sure! You just have to copy your 'gwent' folder of GOG found on C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games to your steam games folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and change the folder name to GWENT The Witcher Card Game, then you click on 'install' on steam and steam will use most of the GOG files.

I did this, steam validated 2.3/3.6 GB of the game :AlmaHappiness:
Piece Of Lembas May 19, 2020 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by CamiloJTM:
Sure! You just have to copy your 'gwent' folder of GOG found on C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games to your steam games folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and change the folder name to GWENT The Witcher Card Game, then you click on 'install' on steam and steam will use most of the GOG files.

Thanks this worked for me too
Musedoom Dec 16, 2020 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by CyberBUG 2077:

I have Gwent installed in GOG but I don't want to have the game installed twice. Can I have Gwent installed only in Steam? If I uninstall Gwent from GOG and then install it here would it work?. And If so would I keep my profile in the game?.
Dhaunas Dec 16, 2020 @ 10:07am 
Originally posted by Musedoom:

I have Gwent installed in GOG but I don't want to have the game installed twice. Can I have Gwent installed only in Steam? If I uninstall Gwent from GOG and then install it here would it work?. And If so would I keep my profile in the game?.

I haven't tried that, as I only have it here on Steam, but I assume it would still keep your profile since I had to make a GoG account when I installed here on Steam. When you launch Gwent from Steam for the first time, it makes you sign into a GoG account (which it will always log into thereafter when launching). Since you have a GoG account, just use that one when you first launch it from Steam.

If I'm wrong, though, hopefully someone will correct me. gl
Piece Of Lembas Dec 16, 2020 @ 10:49am 
Originally posted by Musedoom:

Yes you will keep the same profile since it uses a GOG account to sign in. Follow the steps in the 1st comment it worked for me transferring from GOG to Steam.
Originally posted by raz3r:
I don't understand how it works if I have the game already installed with GOG.
idk if anyone has told you this yet but you can simply transfer the files from ur GOG folder to your steam deck foldier
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50