All Categories

New player , need help to create a team for dungeons content and clan boss please

New player , need help to create a team for dungeons content and clan boss please

Search
Jul 10, 2024, 19:5007/10/24
02/03/23

Hi all

Ronda is my starter (Masteries ) , Kael is fully booked but at 4* level 40

Ghostborn - (Masteries and fully booked) 

Skill tomes - Legendary 3x

Epic - 7

I farm food already to form 8 - 6* Champions , but I still farm for more.

I am new player , i would like some guidance the way I should create the team .

For the moment I am able to do : 

Dragon - Stage 13

Ice Golem - Stage 17

Spidern - Stage 13

Minotaur - Stage 15

Thank you everyone , and I wish you a good night!

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 10, 2024, 20:2107/10/24
06/25/20

Start with Dragon 20. That's an "easy" dungeon to farm for gear, generally easier to build for than the others.

Your team would be:

Corvis the Corruptor - Just all-around amazing debuffer and damage-dealer for bosses especially

Ronda - Not ideal as a waveclearer, but you've already got her at 60, so, so be it

Ghostborn - Same as above

Scyl - Good support and healer, backup reviver

Apoth - Good choice for SPDUP and healing

Your biggest problem is likely going to be lack of books. You chose to level legos to 60, likely because they looked shiny, but unbooked legos are often worse than booked rares, and almost always worse than booked epics. But, make what you can do with what you have, since you already invested in resources to bring those to 60.

Jul 10, 2024, 20:3607/10/24
Jul 10, 2024, 20:39(edited)
07/01/22

Artak should be a priority since he does well in all dungeon content that drops gear as well as minotaur.

Corvis would pair decent with Artak, especially for waves. Apothecary and Ronda for your Fire Knight teams, especially with Farakin the Fat. Don't need to put Skill Times into Ronda for her to be useful there but definitely max Apothecary since he works well on most dungeon teams also.

You've got Maneater and Painkeeper, so as long as you can meet the stat requirements you can pair them for your Clan Boss team once both are 60. Here's a generic template you can follow for that:

https://deadwoodjedi.com/speed-tunes/budget-maneater-unkillable/

Wukong and Rathalos are great boss nukers and Wukong is also really effective at clearing Rounds 1 & 2.

Scyl is always good in almost all content. 

Stage 16 is the best to farm if you can't do Stage 20 and that goes for Fire Knight, Ice Golem & Dragon. Especially since Stage 16 is Void so Affinity isn't important. Here's the teams I'd run on Stage 16 for each of those dungeons (and then 20 once you've got your characters booked out):

Dragon: Artak, Scyl, Wukong, Ghostborn and Rathalos

Ice Goelm: Artak, Corvis, Scyl, Rathalos and Visix or Alsgor. Key here is that Rathalos is gonna upset the Ice Golem and he might do two attacks in a row so with Visix Ally Protection or Alsgor Block Damage you won't die

Fire Knight: Visix, Ronda, Apothecary, Farahkin and Artak. I didn't see Coldheart but once you get her swap her for Visix. Make sure Farahkin doesn't use his A3 on Round 3 so he can use it on his first turn on Fire Knight to get rid of the shield. Visix should mainly do her A1 to keep reducing his Turn Meter and her A2 for Decrease Speed, turn off or don't use her A3 on the Fire Knight himself.

Minotaur: Use the Dragon Team

Spider: Artak, Wukong, Rathalos, Visix and Apothecary. See if you can have Wukong and Rathalos focus the main spider while Artak burns+activates burns on the spiderlings. Use Visix for Turn Meter and Decrease Speed, Apothecary to go more often + Heal

Jul 10, 2024, 20:4207/10/24
07/01/22

I would also add that just, in general, your build priority for your current roster should be:

Artak then Rathalos/Wukong and then Scyl

Jul 10, 2024, 21:0707/10/24
09/14/20

Ronda and new player?

Jul 10, 2024, 21:2207/10/24
07/01/22
Matrim

Ronda and new player?

Well they still have a roster of someone who is still starting out. We don't know. Maybe they were in a coma or jail for a year after originally signing up for Raid.

Jul 10, 2024, 21:4207/10/24
06/25/20

I'm going to disagree with Artak, Rathalos, and Wukong as being choices to invest in right now. OP will not have very many lego books at all, and without booking, those three champs are going to be significantly worse. Even Scyl is a questionable choice for books - some people swear by it, but personally I never booked her.

Of course *eventually* those three need booking, but early on those books need to be held for the absolute highest-priority, which is usually CB teams. 

Jul 10, 2024, 21:5507/10/24
12/19/19

Never book scyl... n00b move. Her best quality is doesn't need books 

Jul 11, 2024, 06:2007/11/24
Jul 11, 2024, 06:54(edited)
02/03/23

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate!

Regards @Onikage55  , @kramaswamy.kr , @TripsB 

I had installed the game couple of months back , when I quit IGL for a team on Valorant in semi-pro league .

No time now for FPS games , due to having a new born baby girl x, so I will start giving my best on strategy games  as Raid. Is not a ez game , attention to details , everything ( a small stats + or - can destroy the sync of your roster. 

Thank you so much again for the feedback , highly appreciate. 

By the way : I have 25 x Champions 5 * + 10 x 5* Chickens.

7 Champions can be made 6*

One question more that makes me confuse about for ex : Some Attack champions don't required to have Gloves Critical Rate and instead Critical DMG as Coldheart .

Whats exactly the criteria where you know exactly who and who doesn't need the Critical Rate gloves.

This is my soul collection , I won 1st place on the tournament winning Relentless  , Eternal Soulstone and a Legendary book , Apart Adelyn.

Alsgor just get 1 Red Start it came today on the shop as Wishlist.

If I get lucky enough to get Bellower for CC with 6 Souls attached x will be amazing , Stun set and chill x

i

You guys have a lovely day , I will keep you posted with the progress.

Jul 11, 2024, 06:3307/11/24
12/16/21
Aktiw

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate!

Regards @Onikage55  , @kramaswamy.kr , @TripsB 

I had installed the game couple of months back , when I quit IGL for a team on Valorant in semi-pro league .

No time now for FPS games , due to having a new born baby girl x, so I will start giving my best on strategy games  as Raid. Is not a ez game , attention to details , everything ( a small stats + or - can destroy the sync of your roster. 

Thank you so much again for the feedback , highly appreciate. 

By the way : I have 25 x Champions 5 * + 10 x 5* Chickens.

7 Champions can be made 6*

One question more that makes me confuse about for ex : Some Attack champions don't required to have Gloves Critical Rate and instead Critical DMG as Coldheart .

Whats exactly the criteria where you know exactly who and who doesn't need the Critical Rate gloves.

This is my soul collection , I won 1st place on the tournament winning Relentless  , Eternal Soulstone and a Legendary book , Apart Adelyn.

Alsgor just get 1 Red Start it came today on the shop as Wishlist.

If I get lucky enough to get Bellower for CC with 6 Souls attached x will be amazing , Stun set and chill x

i

You guys have a lovely day , I will keep you posted with the progress.

The key thing is getting your champs (at least your dps and cc's who need crits to place effects) to 100% crit rate so it happens every time.

Coldheart gets a bonus +30% to her crit rate on her big hit, so the general consensus is to only build her with 70% crit rate and focus the difference into more damage.

As a rough generalization (with plenty of individual exceptions), you always want damage dealers to have crit damage gloves, if you can get them to 100% crit rate from other gear; or crit rate gloves if you can't. It really doesn't matter which piece any given stat comes from, only how much the overall total is.

Jul 11, 2024, 06:5007/11/24
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

I'm going to disagree with Artak, Rathalos, and Wukong as being choices to invest in right now. OP will not have very many lego books at all, and without booking, those three champs are going to be significantly worse. Even Scyl is a questionable choice for books - some people swear by it, but personally I never booked her.

Of course *eventually* those three need booking, but early on those books need to be held for the absolute highest-priority, which is usually CB teams. 

What's your problem? Why do you criticize other's advice, specifically mine? This is twice now. You gave your advice, I gave mine. That's it. Let them decide how they want to go forward. 

Not cool at all that you keep doing this. I'm not even going to point out how many things are wrong in your criticism, I let other's opinions stand unless they want to critique what I have to say.

Jul 11, 2024, 06:5707/11/24
07/01/22
Trips

Never book scyl... n00b move. Her best quality is doesn't need books 

HH has Scyl at a 10/10 book priority. Ash says she's great for new players to invest books in ASAP. All 3 of her bookable abilities are worth it for a new player. A1 benefits FK and Iron Twins. A2 is great for CC on Waves. A3 revives more often. HOWEVER, I suggested that based on their current leggos AND I put her 4th behind Artak, Rathalos and Wukong.

If you wanna be a naysayer, you should at LEAST suggest a different champ in their roster that their books should go toward. So try that, of the current roster you see, who would YOU put books into after Artak/Rathalos/Wukong? Visix, Corvis, Ronda, Alsgor or Bookbinder? I can see MAYBE Alsgor or Corvis. 

Jul 11, 2024, 08:0607/11/24
12/16/21
Onikage55

HH has Scyl at a 10/10 book priority. Ash says she's great for new players to invest books in ASAP. All 3 of her bookable abilities are worth it for a new player. A1 benefits FK and Iron Twins. A2 is great for CC on Waves. A3 revives more often. HOWEVER, I suggested that based on their current leggos AND I put her 4th behind Artak, Rathalos and Wukong.

If you wanna be a naysayer, you should at LEAST suggest a different champ in their roster that their books should go toward. So try that, of the current roster you see, who would YOU put books into after Artak/Rathalos/Wukong? Visix, Corvis, Ronda, Alsgor or Bookbinder? I can see MAYBE Alsgor or Corvis. 

Alsgor can be used in place of helicath for the 'Slow Hellcat' cb team if his a3 gets full booked, It's a pretty easy team to build and tune as long as you've got the key block damage champ with a 4 turn cd.

For my 2 cents I'd go with Alsgor for books (at least his a3; a1 & 2 dont really matter) and focus on getting a unm cb team asap, which makes everything else that follows easier

Jul 11, 2024, 09:1607/11/24
12/16/21

Oh, and Vogoth + Vergis are a really excellent duo for almost all wave/stage content.

They're damned near unkillable together; they carried me through a lot of doom tower floors

...as long as the other team doesn't have a healer :D

Jul 11, 2024, 12:3007/11/24
12/19/19
Onikage55

Ash and HH are dead wrong.

Scyl is only slightly improved with books. I'd 6star for sure and use. But even before the power creep she was a 0/10 on books. Now I'd rate lower. You already listed 3 for me, OP will have more definite book legos by a factor of 10 sooner than it makes sense to use any on scyl.

Jul 11, 2024, 22:5507/11/24
12/16/21
Trips

Scyl is only slightly improved with books. I'd 6star for sure and use. But even before the power creep she was a 0/10 on books. Now I'd rate lower. You already listed 3 for me, OP will have more definite book legos by a factor of 10 sooner than it makes sense to use any on scyl.

HH's book priority has always seemed to me like it's based on the assumption you have *nearly* unlimited lego books.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 12, 2024, 00:3007/12/24
12/30/20
Trips

could not agree with this more. her passive is really where the value comes in - which of course doesn't need books. 

Jul 12, 2024, 01:3307/12/24
07/01/22
dthorne04

could not agree with this more. her passive is really where the value comes in - which of course doesn't need books. 

Still waiting on an alternative as part of this negativity. From the sound of things this is pure speculation about saving books for a hypothetical leggo they don't have yet. 

Scyl's A2 seems to be the best option they *currently* have for Wave CC out of their leggos, unless their wukong and rathalos have enough gear to oneshot entire waves. Reducing its cooldown to 3 turns and almost doubling its chance to stun seems worth it to me. Also I'm not seeing any other Reviver in their leggo group, so reducing a Revive CD seems worth it CURRENTLY.

So, one more time to help clarify: I put her 4th of the ones I'd book BASED ON the CURRENT Roster. Obviously there's DOZENS of other Leggos that would be more worthy of books IF they get pulled. 

I'm not debating this further and suggest, again, that if you're going to disagree you should at least offer a substitution. At the very least, have the humor to write something like "Only book Scyl if you need CvC Points and have no other options"

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 12, 2024, 02:0007/12/24
Jul 12, 2024, 02:01(edited)
12/30/20
Onikage55

Still waiting on an alternative as part of this negativity. From the sound of things this is pure speculation about saving books for a hypothetical leggo they don't have yet. 

Scyl's A2 seems to be the best option they *currently* have for Wave CC out of their leggos, unless their wukong and rathalos have enough gear to oneshot entire waves. Reducing its cooldown to 3 turns and almost doubling its chance to stun seems worth it to me. Also I'm not seeing any other Reviver in their leggo group, so reducing a Revive CD seems worth it CURRENTLY.

So, one more time to help clarify: I put her 4th of the ones I'd book BASED ON the CURRENT Roster. Obviously there's DOZENS of other Leggos that would be more worthy of books IF they get pulled. 

I'm not debating this further and suggest, again, that if you're going to disagree you should at least offer a substitution. At the very least, have the humor to write something like "Only book Scyl if you need CvC Points and have no other options"

for the longest time - unless spending - legendary books are extremely rare/difficult to obtain. you simply are not gaining enough value from booking scyl as I don't see how she's going to greatly help us break through really any content other than some DT bosses (and even then the passive is usually what we're there for). her revive is rather mediocre and isn't really great to invest in. going down to 4 turns IF they land perfect just isn't good. if you have to be sitting there relying on spamming a 4 turn, single revive then you have problems. the value is the passive healing and speed boost.

she's very much a "i will send books at her if I truly have nothing else" or "well, I need CvC points" book option. I don't even know if I'd want to book her even if we didn't have Artak, Wukong, Corvis, Rathalos etc. there. Scyl just presents at an absolute best case scenario far too much in the way of diminishing returns and we need those books for champs that are going to help us in CB, Spider, Dragon, etc. I'd rather book Visix than her.

Scyl is a classic case of overbuild her and rely on the upside you get from that. 

Jul 12, 2024, 02:3207/12/24
12/19/19
Onikage55

I'm 100% saying save books for a lego not currently on roster. That's the answer.  Lego books don't expire. I'll reiterate, I think scy is amazing.  I used on hard dt all the way through 120 on just about every wave. Unbooked, crappy gear.  She is good.