All Categories

IG Normal & Hard: The only dungeon worth running for Gear as Late Game Player?

Search
Jun 20, 2024, 05:0806/20/24
07/01/22

First, this isn't at trollbait post or some sort of arrogant stance. I want to make it clear I'm being pragmatic and serious from a Gear Set point of view only. I do want some discussion about this because I think this has become a real problem for Dungeons with gear drops. Here's why:

Dragon: Every Set worth using that drops in Dragon has a better version elsewhere. Toxic and Destroy you only need 1 or 2 sets anyway and you'd have that by End Game status.

Fire Knight: Same thing. You need 1 or 2 Regen and Stun sets. Otherwise, every single piece has a better counterpart OR there's a Blessing that makes the set unnecessary.

Spider: You run for Silver almost certainly. Occasionally you'll get a decent accessory but none give set bonuses so why waste the slot?

Ice Golem: Went from having Reflex as the only set worth getting to now also have 2 of the best Exclusive Sets in the game with Hydra being a priority: Provoke and Cursed. There is NO other gear that does those debuffs farmable, even from Forge Pass. 

The only reason up until City was released was to get Mythic Tier gear... now you can craft your own, so all the Doom Tower sets again have become better than their Dungeon Counterparts.

The set I feel the worst for is Speed... Divine Speed was at least only obtainable once a week... but Impulse has just blown that right out of the water. I still love you Speed and it pains me to write this but cheer up, at least you aren't Accuracy

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 20, 2024, 05:3006/20/24
12/16/21

Yep. HH did a vid awhile back, iirc the title was "dungeons: what's the point anymore?"

Jun 20, 2024, 05:4606/20/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

Yep. HH did a vid awhile back, iirc the title was "dungeons: what's the point anymore?"

Yeah but he didn't give any love to IG really, but over a month ago I realized I'm solely running IG and focusing on a Hard 10 consistent team. Once I got Dark Fae 120 Hard on Auto Farm, that was the last of Fire Knight for me.

Though I think I should have clarified that Forge Pass is also a big part of this. You can get the Forge Pass gear as FTP but you can only make 10 5-6 Pieces I think per rotation

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 20, 2024, 11:3306/20/24
06/24/19
Onikage55

Yeah but he didn't give any love to IG really, but over a month ago I realized I'm solely running IG and focusing on a Hard 10 consistent team. Once I got Dark Fae 120 Hard on Auto Farm, that was the last of Fire Knight for me.

Though I think I should have clarified that Forge Pass is also a big part of this. You can get the Forge Pass gear as FTP but you can only make 10 5-6 Pieces I think per rotation

FK still has some decent value.  Stun and Regen have their place.  But as a whole any excess energy I have goes into SD or PS.

Jun 20, 2024, 12:5806/20/24
12/07/20
Onikage55

Once u get a few sets of cursed and provoke there isnt much point in running IG either, lately found myself only running dungs up to the gold coins but even that is gettng kinda pointless as theres only 3 champs i want 4star souls for which dont want to make an appearance in shop seemingly and got mats for 640 essences

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 20, 2024, 13:4206/20/24
02/24/19

I always seem to need more defense ignore sets 0_0

Never-ending search for Savage to supplement my terrible Lethal 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 20, 2024, 13:4906/20/24
Jun 20, 2024, 13:49(edited)
06/24/19
harleQuinn

I always seem to need more defense ignore sets 0_0

Never-ending search for Savage to supplement my terrible Lethal 

Isn't if funny how need more than 4 good pieces when you have more than 1 usable nuker?

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 20, 2024, 15:2306/20/24
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

Isn't if funny how need more than 4 good pieces when you have more than 1 usable nuker?

Having more than one usable nuker is new for me, alright?? Haha

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 20, 2024, 16:4706/20/24
12/30/20

Can't say I care much for any of the gear dungeons outside of Spider for silver (which I don't need much these days) and FK (still want Savage for nukers across content, realistically can't get enough Stun because maybe one day I'll care about Soulcross and Regen upgrades are always welcome, but care less about Regen than the other two.)

Like 99% of the gear grind these days is just doing the dungeons to complete other events/tourneys/fusions. Much rather spend time in SD/Shogun. 

Jun 20, 2024, 17:0606/20/24
07/01/22
dthorne04

Can't say I care much for any of the gear dungeons outside of Spider for silver (which I don't need much these days) and FK (still want Savage for nukers across content, realistically can't get enough Stun because maybe one day I'll care about Soulcross and Regen upgrades are always welcome, but care less about Regen than the other two.)

Like 99% of the gear grind these days is just doing the dungeons to complete other events/tourneys/fusions. Much rather spend time in SD/Shogun. 

Right, SD Shogun and IT are where people are really spending their energy. I just meant as far as if you were going to run for gear period, IG is the only one worth it. If you have Dark Fae Hard 120 on farm, I haven't found much reason to go for FK Savage now.

To clarify, I think a big part of the reason I'm doing IG for Cursed/Provoke is I was always selling those sets prior to the change so I didn't have a great amount stockpiled so I'm still playing catchup

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 20, 2024, 17:2106/20/24
Jun 20, 2024, 17:22(edited)
12/30/20

I think Reflex > Provoke at some point in the end game grind. Reflex/Merci is just so good in Hydra at the moment.

But yeah, fortunately am in pretty good shape with IG sets though my Cursed is a little scuffed - also due to selling them back in the day. :)

Doom Tower, Hydra, Sintranos and Forge Pass have just really leveled out the value of gear grinding. Heck, even having those mythical charms from Sintranos and being able to roll Perception with it can be nice too. 

Jun 20, 2024, 17:2906/20/24
12/19/19
Onikage55

Right, SD Shogun and IT are where people are really spending their energy. I just meant as far as if you were going to run for gear period, IG is the only one worth it. If you have Dark Fae Hard 120 on farm, I haven't found much reason to go for FK Savage now.

To clarify, I think a big part of the reason I'm doing IG for Cursed/Provoke is I was always selling those sets prior to the change so I didn't have a great amount stockpiled so I'm still playing catchup

I think you are forcing the IG > FK argument a bit.

Savage, stun, regen are the top 3 farmable sets. I use 1 cursed set, 0 provoke

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 20, 2024, 19:4506/20/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Having more than one usable nuker is new for me, alright?? Haha

Only took 5 years but you got there.

Jun 20, 2024, 21:2006/20/24
07/01/22
Trips

I think you are forcing the IG > FK argument a bit.

Savage, stun, regen are the top 3 farmable sets. I use 1 cursed set, 0 provoke

Savage is made obsolete with Lethal and (arguably) Instinct. Hell even Merciless does a flat 35% at 6 pieces which isn't hard to get with Accessories. My main point is Cursed and Provoke are huge in Hydra right now, you might need a set of each per Hydra Team unless you have a infinity Taunt team or other comps.

Regen you might need 2 sets of. Stun is the main one I'll concede for City teams, you should probably get a ton of stun sets going so you can clear the stages where the champion selection is awful