All Categories

Questions about Hex Gear In Hydra

Search
Apr 24, 2024, 23:2404/24/24
01/31/20

When Cursed gear was Heal Reduction, I auto-sold every piece, so when they changed it to Hex, I had to start from scratch and it has been a slow-to-drop gearset for me.  However, I finally have enough to put together a set good enough to use in Hydra, so I am about ready to regear someone and switch out a dedicated Hexer.

I have seen conflicting statements online, so I figured I would confirm a couple of things:

1. I assume that Hex gear works the same as Provoke, Stun, Poison & Daze gear, in the sense that no Accuracy is required to place the Hex Debuff.  Is that correct?
  2. I assume that the number of hits and the specifics of the skill being used by the toon wearing the Hex gear are irrelevant to the placement of the Hex debuff.  In other words, that the bug that made Stun Ukko such a thing was also corrected for Hex gear.  Is that correct?     
  3. I also assume that all of the aforementioned gearsets can place their respectiuve debuffs on weak hits since they are totally independent from the action of the toon wearing the gear.  Is this also correct?
  4. If all of these things are true, then an AoE skill by a toon wearing Cursed (Hex) gear will have One (1) 50% chance of placing a Hex debuff on each Hydra Head every time it is used, including when Heads have the Poison Cloud Buff active.

Is all of this accurate?  Or have I misunderstood something along the way?

Peace!           

Views
Comments
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Apr 24, 2024, 23:4104/24/24
06/24/19

1.  Correct, accuracy not required.

2.  Correct, one skill used = one chance.

3.  Correct, gear set debuffs can place regardless of affinity. 

4.  Correct, gear set debuffs can place over Posion Cloud and you'll have one 50% chance per enemy hit.

Apr 25, 2024, 00:5904/25/24
01/31/20
ShortOnSkillz

4.  Correct, gear set debuffs can place over Posion Cloud and you'll have one 50% chance per enemy hit.

Perfect.  Thanks!

Jun 8, 2024, 15:1606/08/24
01/31/20
ShortOnSkillz

@ShortOnSkillz 

4. Correct, gear set debuffs can place over Posion Cloud and you'll have one 50% chance per enemy hit. 

So, this is what I expected to be the case, and you confirmed it for me back in April.  However, after using Hex Gear on my Cupidus for the past 6  weeks, he has not landed a Hex debuff on a Hydra Head with Posion Cloud active one single time.  

Would you please confirm with the powers-that-be that this is suppossed to work?  If it is suppossed to work, it isn't working.

Peace!     

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 8, 2024, 16:3706/08/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

@ShortOnSkillz 

4. Correct, gear set debuffs can place over Posion Cloud and you'll have one 50% chance per enemy hit. 

So, this is what I expected to be the case, and you confirmed it for me back in April.  However, after using Hex Gear on my Cupidus for the past 6  weeks, he has not landed a Hex debuff on a Hydra Head with Posion Cloud active one single time.  

Would you please confirm with the powers-that-be that this is suppossed to work?  If it is suppossed to work, it isn't working.

Peace!     

It works the way Skillz stated, I'll go ahead and confirm if for him.

If you aren't ever, ever, ever landing it the only thing I can suggest is to get a video of a full fight I can send in so we can check your account. My Cybele and Lydia land it over poison cloud from my own experience, so I can confirm it works for me and that Plarium states this is how it works.

Jun 9, 2024, 05:2806/09/24
01/31/20
harleQuinn

It works the way Skillz stated, I'll go ahead and confirm if for him.

If you aren't ever, ever, ever landing it the only thing I can suggest is to get a video of a full fight I can send in so we can check your account. My Cybele and Lydia land it over poison cloud from my own experience, so I can confirm it works for me and that Plarium states this is how it works.

Well, that is how it is supposed to work, but I have never seen it land a single time, and I have been watching for it.  Maybe next week, I will do a video, but my Hard Hydra run is over 90 minutes long.    

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 9, 2024, 05:5006/09/24
12/30/20
WileyMan

Well, that is how it is supposed to work, but I have never seen it land a single time, and I have been watching for it.  Maybe next week, I will do a video, but my Hard Hydra run is over 90 minutes long.    

recording is of course your prerogative but it's certainly working. 

any chance you have a broken Cursed set on?

Jun 9, 2024, 05:5206/09/24
01/31/20

No, I have 4 pieces on him.  He lands Hex all the time, just not over Poison Cloud.  

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 9, 2024, 16:5506/09/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

No, I have 4 pieces on him.  He lands Hex all the time, just not over Poison Cloud.  

My Artak just landed hex twice over poison cloud right now. Paused to come confirm it's working fine for me. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 9, 2024, 17:1106/09/24
Jun 9, 2024, 17:11(edited)
02/24/19

i

And here is the 3 turn hex he placed over poison cloud. Figured I'd take a screen too.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 9, 2024, 20:4106/09/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

i

And here is the 3 turn hex he placed over poison cloud. Figured I'd take a screen too.

Mod hacks, clearly.

Jun 27, 2024, 16:1206/27/24
01/31/20

@dthorne04

@ShortOnSkillz 

@harleQuinn 

Okay, how do I get video clips to you?

I have taken clips of every instance of Poison Cloud being up w/o HP Burn on my Hard Hydra runs the past two weeks.  Cupidus has no problem putting Hex up at other times, but still has not been able to land a single Hex Debuff over the Poison Cloud Buff.  That is at least 8 weeks now.      

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 27, 2024, 16:1906/27/24
12/30/20
WileyMan

@dthorne04

@ShortOnSkillz 

@harleQuinn 

Okay, how do I get video clips to you?

I have taken clips of every instance of Poison Cloud being up w/o HP Burn on my Hard Hydra runs the past two weeks.  Cupidus has no problem putting Hex up at other times, but still has not been able to land a single Hex Debuff over the Poison Cloud Buff.  That is at least 8 weeks now.      

make a private youtube channel and host clips there. 

though again, just yesterday I put up Hex over Cloud with Cursed so I am incredibly dubious. not to be too dismissive but probably a good idea to double check & make sure whomever you're trying to place with in the clip has Cursed on, maybe even showing that in the video.

Jun 27, 2024, 16:4806/27/24
01/31/20
dthorne04

make a private youtube channel and host clips there. 

though again, just yesterday I put up Hex over Cloud with Cursed so I am incredibly dubious. not to be too dismissive but probably a good idea to double check & make sure whomever you're trying to place with in the clip has Cursed on, maybe even showing that in the video.

Dude, really?  You are questioning whether or not my Cupidus is actually wearing a full Hex set again?  After I already answered that question weeks ago and clearly stated that he places Hex w/o trouble the rest of the time?

If he isn't geared in a full set, please explain where you think the Hex debuffs could possibly come from the rest of the 2 hrs fight?

You could certainly question whether or not I have missed something in the vid clips, but questioning whether I can count to 4 a second time?  

i

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 27, 2024, 16:5606/27/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

Dude, really?  You are questioning whether or not my Cupidus is actually wearing a full Hex set again?  After I already answered that question weeks ago and clearly stated that he places Hex w/o trouble the rest of the time?

If he isn't geared in a full set, please explain where you think the Hex debuffs could possibly come from the rest of the 2 hrs fight?

You could certainly question whether or not I have missed something in the vid clips, but questioning whether I can count to 4 a second time?  

i

No reason to be antagonistic about it.  He's just trying to make sure we cover all our bases is all. 

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 27, 2024, 17:2806/27/24
12/30/20
WileyMan

i

lulz.

Support has essentially said the only way that there's something amiss here is your account is the only one in the game whose interactions with Hex via Cursed are broken, so yes: I am going to double check that you're not screwing up and confirm the most likely issues first.

Jun 27, 2024, 17:3906/27/24
01/31/20

I am not trying to be antagonistic, nor am I trying to waste anyone's time.  

I understand asking the question the first time, but I would have thought that after all these many months of conversation, once I said I was sure he was in a full set, then that was asked and answered.

I apologize if I offended.

I rewatched all 8 clips and can confirm that Cupidus did not place Hex over Posion Cloud a single time.  These clips represent every possible instance over two separate weeks.  

I am not really a YT user, and I have never uploaded videos before.  I have uploaded all 8 clips, but they all show as "Draft".  How do I grant you access to them?  

Jun 27, 2024, 17:4606/27/24
01/31/20
dthorne04

lulz.

Support has essentially said the only way that there's something amiss here is your account is the only one in the game whose interactions with Hex via Cursed are broken, so yes: I am going to double check that you're not screwing up and confirm the most likely issues first.

I certainly agree that it would be crazy if this problem existed only on my account, and I chalked it up to "no possible way this is happenning" for the first 3-4 weeks, but then I started paying closer attention.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 27, 2024, 18:4306/27/24
02/24/19
dthorne04

lulz.

The number of times I've realized I'm not landing something and then gone back to find I've only got three of four pieces.... well, it's non zero, that's for sure. Haha

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 27, 2024, 18:4406/27/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

I am not trying to be antagonistic, nor am I trying to waste anyone's time.  

I understand asking the question the first time, but I would have thought that after all these many months of conversation, once I said I was sure he was in a full set, then that was asked and answered.

I apologize if I offended.

I rewatched all 8 clips and can confirm that Cupidus did not place Hex over Posion Cloud a single time.  These clips represent every possible instance over two separate weeks.  

I am not really a YT user, and I have never uploaded videos before.  I have uploaded all 8 clips, but they all show as "Draft".  How do I grant you access to them?  

You'll need to publish them I believe, should still stay private, and then you just send us the links through DM.

We'll also need your um#, and the devices you play on. Then we can file a report for you and the devs will be able to check your account specifically.

Jun 27, 2024, 21:5006/27/24
01/31/20

Okay, the vids are published as "Unlisted", and I have added them all to a YT playlist:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBmn6ujzUs&list=PLAfvc9lAQWRlkzQEs3a2gdGUoCYa8T8Pl&index=3

LMK if you can watch them.

I play on an iPhone 11 (iOS version 17.5.1) and a Dell Laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 5825U chip and 16 GB of RAM.  The videos were taken on the Dell, but the "Cupidus No Hex Over Poison Cloud" has happenned on both devices.  

Is there one of you in particular that I should DM with my player ID?