The Witcher 3 REDkit is now available!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

The editor for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available for free for all owners of the game on PC.

Are you a player?

You’ll soon be able to enrich your time in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with a wealth of options. From alternate clothes and hairstyles to brand-new characters, environments, and more!

Simply browse Nexus Mods*, Steam Workshop or whatever modding platform you like best and enjoy all of the new content created by the community. Don’t know how to start? Check out our REDkit website or this quick and easy tutorial:

*If you use Nexus Mods’ Vortex for The Witcher 3, make sure to install the latest update!

Are you a modder?

You’re about to get your hands on the same set of tools that RED developers used to create The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt almost a decade ago — refurbished and adjusted to the needs of modders! It’s an end-to-end solution that gives you bigger freedom than ever before in customising all elements of the game.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is completely free for all owners of the game on PC! Simply visit the store where you own the game and claim the editor:
Don’t know where to start? Not to worry! We’ve prepared a dedicated REDkit website where you will find a set of answers to frequently asked questions, a comprehensive documentation, as well as a series of video tutorials (coming soon)!

I don't typically wander onto this side of the forum considering I haven't played TW3 in years but I remembered the REDkit releasing today.

This will likely get me back into the game in due time.

Really glad you guys did this but it does beg the question.... will we see it's equivalent for CP2077? (I know you won't answer this, I don't actually expect any kind of response lol)

Hey,
are there any plans to make things simpler?

Perhaps making more high-level tools on top of the existing ones? It would be nice to get stuff like:
- an automatic foliage generator (based on a heightmap?)
- simplified weather settings (pick textures, effects, colors,...set probabilities via UI, preview them...and done)
- much simpler spawn control (add UI for setting up NPC routines - e.g. via "minimap" view showing placed APs and available NPCs, making it easier to see what's available; add validation for that,...)
- automatic build of navigation, minimap,...

In general:
- much less manual filling of .CSVs and linking stuff together
- add premade shortcut tabs in Asset Browser (like "Music", "Items", "NPCs & Monsters",...) for much quicker navigation
- I suggest adding extra icons to the most common settings (next to green "linking" arrows,...) that would open such simplified editors

Ok, totally dumb question, but is there a way to uninstall Redkit or otherwise avoid downloading it when installing the game from Steam after opting in? I downloaded it to toy around a little bit, but when I went back in to the main game to continue a playthrough I'd started, the game froze on the loading screens and/or when attempting to load my save. Tried uninstalling but when reinstalling on Steam the game automatically included the Redkit again, and there's no option to remove it as a DLC within Steam.

Ok, totally dumb question, but is there a way to uninstall Redkit or otherwise avoid downloading it when installing the game from Steam after opting in? I downloaded it to toy around a little bit, but when I went back in to the main game to continue a playthrough I'd started, the game froze on the loading screens and/or when attempting to load my save. Tried uninstalling but when reinstalling on Steam the game automatically included the Redkit again, and there's no option to remove it as a DLC within Steam.

If it's actually considered DLC, which I can't confirm since I own TW3 through GOG, if you click the on the game in your library you should see a DLC section on the right side of the window with the option to "manage my DLC" in that section. You can deactivate any and all DLC for whatever game in there, just uncheck it.

If it's not actually considered DLC, which it very well might not be as it does not show up as content for the game on the game's store page, I'd assume it would show up as a tool or software in your library. By default, i believe Steam only shows you your games and wouldn't show you anything that labelled as a software or tool. That's where Bethesda's creation kits show up anyway.

If it's actually considered DLC, which I can't confirm since I own TW3 through GOG, if you click the on the game in your library you should see a DLC section on the right side of the window with the option to "manage my DLC" in that section. You can deactivate any and all DLC for whatever game in there, just uncheck it.

If it's not actually considered DLC, which it very well might not be as it does not show up as content for the game on the game's store page, I'd assume it would show up as a tool or software in your library. By default, i believe Steam only shows you your games and wouldn't show you anything that labelled as a software or tool. That's where Bethesda's creation kits show up anyway.
Yup it was in the Tool filter on Steam, thank you! Hadn't used that tab in ages. Appreciate it!

1716368460091.png

I already own the game on Epic game store and when i go to "manage additionnal content", nothing happens. I tried to reinstall the game in order to see if I forgot something.

edit : Here's the current state of installation, when I activate the checkbox, nothing happens when I to save my settings.

1716374142444.png

Last edited:
Any mod maker needs help with making a mod? I am a noob in that regards but technic stuff I can learn quite fast. There is alot of busy work in making a story DLC for example so I would like to help out. Have been put in part time job ATM so time is no problem.

My game crashes after the new update and I can't understand why. Below is the crash report.

Attachments

• Screenshot_14.png
    Screenshot_14.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 11390815
I already own the game on Epic game store and when i go to "manage additionnal content", nothing happens. I tried to reinstall the game in order to see if I forgot something.

edit : Here's the current state of installation, when I activate the checkbox, nothing happens when I to save my settings.

View attachment 11390818
I have same issue in Epic store
Post automatically merged:

I already have the game
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition

View attachment 11390749
I found a workaround : select GIFT THIS ORDER -> send it to your email address - and after Redeem code in your account and after I could download it

Last edited:
Could you pls package the patch file for the RedKit offline Version Download through EXTRAS section seperately,if possible.
i cannot complete the download/install through the normal process,there is always in the nineties percentage wise.a full stop,i had to do it before aswell,this is my workaround sadly.

Last edited:
Pls add via GOG on release of a new build version,the offline download version.I want to make use of the new feature in build 4.0.104755 to create new virtual directories it is a golden feature i really want to make use of it thanks ahead .even though i wished it is already downloadable on release.

Top Bottom