Resident Evil: Codename HUNK Monsters

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Resident Evil: Codename HUNK Monsters

Post by ZikShadow »

DESCRIPTION:

Based off of Doomero's Codename HUNK, this mod turns all of Doom's enemies to the ones straight from Resident Evil! Enter once again to the world of survival horror and tremble as you face against dangerous enemies that takes your very limited bullets like champs and ready to gnaw your flesh straight to the bone at the sign of any mistakes!

I quite liked the original mod and wanted to see if I could port the monsters over, playing it with other survival horror mods and such. Simply dropping their code over turned out to not be so easy, as the monsters themselves are mainly coded for CH's gameplay, naturally. I had to manually trial and error my way in an attempt to fix it for vanilla play. Height and radius sizes are changed so they won't get stuck, health values are modified so your weapons wouldn't rip these zombies off like toilerpaper, inventory shenanigans, damagetypes, attack speeds, and probably other stuff that I forgot about. A lot of the original code from Doomero remains though, I'm not exactly a very good coder myself. Many pardons if it turns out something did go wrong at some point.

There are a few things to note however:
- Enemies here don't drop weapons or ammo, there might be times where you may have to resort back to melee options or evasion. Select your mods/maps wisely.
- RECH doesn't have any flying enemies, unfortunately. Spots where flying enemies were to spawn will have other monsters instead.

DOWNLOAD:

Wow. What a download!

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

VIDEOS:
Spoiler:

CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Rex705

Re: Resident Evil: Codename HUNK Monsters

Post by Rex705 »

Ah cool I was waiting for this after seeing those videos.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

As a big RE fan I've gotta say.
SWEET.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

What a coincidence, i am also working on a RE themed project and using at least two monsters from Doomero's rooster. These are really great rips.

Keep up, Zik!
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Tried this with the weapons only version of Aracnocide on an Obaddon/Oblige episode, was a pretty fun experience, though I think I need to generate a more closed in map next time, raise monster population, or perhaps limit my speed a bit, since I was able to avoid Mr. X and the big Tyrant (Though evasion seems to be the best option with him, considering he was tanking Aracnocide's BFG 2704 Prototype like it was nothing) with relative ease.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

nice
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very promising roaster of RE enemies. However i hope i can see more of various cast from the Franchise. And not sure why Nemesis has no weapons!
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Captain J wrote:Very promising roaster of RE enemies. However i hope i can see more of various cast from the Franchise. And not sure why Nemesis has no weapons!
Because that nemesis is a skin for leon re2. The re3 model viwer is not possible load the animations like re2 model viewer does.

In the lastest code name hunk i included the G 4 (the G dog form)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:
Captain J wrote:Very promising roaster of RE enemies. However i hope i can see more of various cast from the Franchise. And not sure why Nemesis has no weapons!
Because that nemesis is a skin for leon re2. The re3 model viwer is not possible load the animations like re2 model viewer does.

In the lastest code name hunk i included the G 4 (the G dog form)
You could always use R2MV and load the Nemesis/Leon reskin with Rocket Launcher. It would use Leon's default aiming animations, but at least your Nemesis would be able to shoot.
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

This is amazing really. RE2 is one of my all time fav videogames and I really love this mod.

Which weapon/music/map mods should I be playing with this?

Do you know if there is some Resident Evil 2 / 3 music mod?

I´ve tried with "Call of Doom Black Edition Light Version" in Nightmare mode but I feel overpowered.

I would like to play something like RE2 (slow movement, low ammo, mainly pistols, shotguns, smg, grenade launcher, etc) but with doom.

Thank you for making this.

EDIT: I think I´m going to try this using "Factotum Mod"

EDIT2: DEFINITELY, the mod Factotum fits this mod because it is also based on Resident Evil. You´ve made my day.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”