Character
    Khlea Elakha
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100

They are already planning to dumb viper down

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...951dacfe30a6c8

Perhaps they shouldn't listen to players hot takes about how "hard" viper is when it hasn't been out one week. People tend to underestimate how much muscle memory will make viper feel very easy very quickly as it is.
    (54)

Player
    Character
    Elaithe Ndai
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    Viper was almost disappointingly easy and it's saving grace for me that made me love it was the positionals...so ya this kinda sucks.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    G'alashia Tiram
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 100
    I agree I feel viper is perfect right now, I love how fast it is and if they take away a single ogcd I will be mad, please square I love viper as it is now please don't change it, people who are complaining about it just haven't taken the time to acctually try and learn how it plays
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Fia Mortivault
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I was going to make this thread if no one else did.

VPR plays perfectly! I'm going to have to ask where did this feedback come from? It certainly wasn't from NA because I haven't seen anyone saying that they need to ease positional requirements.

Moreover, what does it mean "changes to the effects of several actions"? What could this possible refer to? The only thing I can think is Dreadwinder combo not breaking, but that's weird because RPR's combo still breaks with other actions.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Caelyn Averay
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Viper is currently fine and doesn't need adjustments. Very disappointed to see the developers over-react to some supposed (where?) feedback. People just need more time to get used to the job and the new content.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Visceral Dementia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 95
    Viper is perfectly fine as it is. Changes are absolutely not needed.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Jacke Bennett
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Viper Lv 96
    I'd be scorned if they changed Viper to make it "easier", it's already easy enough as it is and I really enjoy the flow of combos for the class. It's a refreshing change after how frustrating monk has been and I'm so confused why they'd change this and who's even complaining about it?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Na'mira Yarhu
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 100
    didnt try it out yet, but this honestly takes away my motivation. i was looking forward to a fast and busy job.

from what i assumed is it has a pretty easy rotation and instead is quick and busy?

why dumbubg it down already? what is with the people enjoying that?

and also positionals? really? how about they make up their minds on what they want to do with that mechanic. i love it very much, but its ridiculous, its at a point where you can just remove it entirely..
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Drysrael Isilwyn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 93
    I love the current iteration of positional/directional!! The burst phase doesn't even have directionals!! Viper has been my new main, don't take away our directionals >_<

edit: Especially the melee 3s, Flanksting Strike, Flanksbane Sting, Hindsting Strike, Hindsbane Fang are the BEST parts of Viper right now. Burst phase is great but the time in-between flows so well and is the reason I put aside playing MSQ to level up Viper despite my original plans to do MSQ first.

If positionals/directionals must be lessened, Hunter's Coil and Swiftskin's Coil from Dreadwinder I could understand being removed... .
    (8)
    Last edited by xfm0; 07-04-2024 at 11:50 PM. Reason: clarification

Player
    Character
    Anya Berhtsch
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 100
    I will be thoroughly disappointed if they dumb down viper because of some casuals who can't handle pressing more than 1 button at once
    (18)