Apple Watch Location vs. iPhone Location. How can I only share my iPhone's location with friends/family?

I'm trying to figure out how I can stop location sharing on my Apple Watch Ultra, but continue to share location from my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Today I left my phone at home to see how productive work would be without having a phone to check. I also wanted to see if my location was showing at home or in my office, which is only a couple miles away. I asked a friend to share a screenshot of my location and it showed me where I was and not my phone location.

How can I stop location sharing on my Apple Watch and only share location from my iPhone? Can they be independent of each other? Will my Apple Watch always default to showing my location if I don't have my iPhone with me?

I have already attempted "On your watch>Setting>Privacy>Location Services>Share My Location>Toggle this off" it completely turned off my location and now no one can see it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Jul 10, 2024 4:09 PM

1 reply

Apple Watch Location vs. iPhone Location. How can I only share my iPhone's location with friends/family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.