[Steam] Chapter 10 - Hallway - Destroy the Tendril in Deluxe Quarters Crashing

by littlebloke

Original Post

[Steam] Chapter 10 - Hallway - Destroy the Tendril in Deluxe Quarters Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

In Chapter 10, where the mission states "Destroy the Tendril in Deluxe Quarters" I enter an L shaped hallway just before a room with a laughing woman. Within under a minute the game will crash. It will either freeze or CTD.

Up until this point the game has not crashed even once, progress is now impossible.

PC Spec
PSU: HX1000i 

MB: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero BIOS 4805
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (cooled with a Corsair RGB Pro XT)

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster MERC 310

DISPLAY: LG 38GN950

Memory 2 x 16GB TEAMGROUP-UD4-3600 (DDR4-3597 / PC4-28700 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM) 16-16-16-38-55 XMP

C (OS Drive): 1GB SOLIDIGM P44 Pro

D (Steam Drive): 2GB SOLIDIGM P44 Pro
AMD Radeon Drivers: 24.5.1

Windows updates and all other drivers I can think of are up to date, nothing is overclocked, everything stays well within thermal limits. 

Playing through Steam with an Xbox Controller

No other games I am playing crash, these include : BG3, Starfield, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West, CyberPunk 2077, Death Stranding, Elden Ring. 

I have tried changing the game settings to vary the Quality and Display setting to vary those as well. Not sure what else to do!

I can provide more information if needed.

Please help. I'd like to finish the game!

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: [Steam] Chapter 10 - Hallway - Destroy the Tendril in Deluxe Quarters

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@littlebloke 

Can you attach a DxDiag?

Also, look at your Reliability monitor and attach this file:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Copy and paste "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER”
  • Look if it has entries for the game executable or EA app.
  • If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable or EA app, copy the info, and save it to a text file.
  • Once saved attach it to the thread.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: [Steam] Chapter 10 - Hallway - Destroy the Tendril in Deluxe Quarters

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Thanks for replying.

I've just now had the chance to look at this. Fortuitously, new Radeon Drivers have just released. Installing these drivers forced a Rebuild of the Shader Cache. When I restarted the game it was jittering a lot (I guess due to in game shader compiling or something of that ilk), after a time it smoothed out, I went into the L shaped Hallway and it did not crash at all. 

Either the new driver (24.6.1) or the forced shader recompile as a result of the driver install have resolved the issue. 

Kind Regards,
LB

Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help