Please fix...'saving error code 23' when olaying in career mode

by mikeyski225

Original Post

Re: Error Code: 23

★ Novice

Ive had this error for months. I just go to continue and continue on to play. The game will save your data even tho it says there is an error. 

I wish that EA would work this error out of the game just because it adds 3 more button presses to get thru.  But I have not lost any data by clicking on continue and going on.

Val

Message 11 of 13 (205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

error code 23 stops me from playing online & career, it did not at 1st, but soon after purchse it did and has never allowed me since. obviously, many others have the same problem, but EA does not seem to care or help. i have sent soooo many requests for help, but nothing but. generic, ai responses, i've tried everything suggested, and i'm getting angry about it.

if EA does not help this time, i will look at legal options. I don't want to, but being ignored after getting misled into the purchase, isn't right. fix this!!! 

Message 12 of 13 (152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem, as others have found, is in the saves in the documents folder.   When you rename PGA TOUR folder there when the game is open, the game works fine and will repopulate the PGA TOUR.  All your progress is of course, lost.  This however is the problem that EA should be able to fix. It is my belief that different files in the document folder are affected on different computers as some people can fix the problem by turning TOOL TIPS off and others cannot.  When you turn the TOOL TIPS off (or on) and you press SAVE, it saves this info in the Documents folder.  If the file was corrupted, it appears to rewrite the file.

My problem is that every time I start the game, I have to go through the resaving of all the beginning stuff (like when you first run the game) and when I press save I get ERROR 23.  I press CONTINUE and go to the next item,  Rinse, repeat.

Message 13 of 13 (61 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help