Not being able to play with friends

by iJustBrad

Original Post

Not being able to play with friends

★★ Novice

Hello for a long time we can't have private matches with friends. It's not everybody but quite alot just cant connect. What happens is we setup a private match and when the 4th player joins it disconnects from EA servers. Been happening for a long time just wondering if anyone else has reported this issue ? and do you know a fix for this ? Any help appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 50 (394 Views)

Private matches don’t work with 4 people

★★★★ Novice

Private matches don’t work with 4 people.  Works fine with 3 people.  When the 4th person joins it crashes.  Happens almost every time for me.  Worked fine for the whole Ryder cup season but since then has gotten progressively worse.  Please help.

Message 2 of 50 (1,303 Views)

Re: Private matches don’t work with 4 people

Community Manager

Hi @19c0bd54bd42c522 

Would it be possible to get more information on this?

• Platform (or client):
  • EA ID (PSN ID/Gamertag):
  • Are you getting an error message?
  • Does this happen to any other account on the device?
  • What type of network are you using? (Wired, Wireless, Hotspot)
  • Is anything else happening?
  • If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip...
  • If on PC, please share a DxDiag file and an EA app Error ID Number

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 50 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding.

- I'm on PS5

- Gamertag:  datjoka_

- No error message; everyone just gets disconnected when 4th person tries to join.  At that point the "Lost Connection" message appears

- I've not tried with other accounts on my device, but I have a friend who's having the same issue and it usually works if he switches to a different psn account.

- Currently using wireless connection but I've tried wired as well.  I have fiber internet and a stable connection.  All other games and devices in my house work fine.

- I have inserted a video of what happens.  This example is a private foursome match but the same thing happens with both private stroke play modes, as well as online ranked modes.  When 4th person tries to join, it crashes.

Thanks again for you help with this, please let me know if you need further information.

Message 4 of 50 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any suggestions?  I’m supposed to start a foursome tournament with my friends this week but unless something changes that will not be possible.

Thanks

Message 5 of 50 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any update on this?  I’d really like to play private matches with my friends but have no idea why it won’t work.  The issue does seem to be related to psn account somehow.

Thanks

Message 6 of 50 (1,114 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @19c0bd54bd42c522 

Apologies for the delay, and thanks for the additional information and video. We've passed this on for the team to be aware of. 

I did want to check if everyone in the group has had a moment to grab the latest 11.1 update from the team. If so have there been any changes? 

If not can someone else try inviting everyone and seeing if they get kicked? 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 50 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, yes we are all on the latest version of the game and there has been no improvement.  It does not matter who hosts the game.  

Thanks

Message 8 of 50 (1,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, everyone on that video has the latest patch installed and it’s still happening, it doesn’t matter who is hosting the match, that 4 player combination can never play together because there’s 2 or more psn accounts that aren't compatible with each other and you either have to swap different players or even make them play on different psn accounts and that magically works for some reason, so I don’t think its a connection issue but more of something to do with the psn account that for whatever reason we can’t matchup with each other 

Message 9 of 50 (1,073 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Dante_Ramirez, Would it be possible to get the information requested above?

Illium.png

Message 10 of 50 (974 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help