EA Sports PGA Tour - Career mode freezing

by Skabea

Original Post

Career Mode Freezes

★★★ Newbie

Product: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Career Mode Cant get passed "where will you play your Amateur Season?" Screen
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Yes, how do i fix?
What happens when the bug occurs? Circle loads and then stays on screen
What do you expect to see? Progress

Please help. Very frustrating.

Message 11 of 124 (2,373 Views)

Career Mode causing game to freeze 100% of time.

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Trying to begin a round in Career mode instantly causes the game to freeze. I am on the 4th round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Every time I try to select the round from the career mode screen the game instantly freezes. Music stops and there is no effect from any buttons. At that stage I have to force quit the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know specifically how to recreate the bug but for me it is occurring when trying to begin the 4th round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Career Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game instantly freezes on the Career Mode screen. Music stops, and no button has any effect. This continues no matter how long it is left on that screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bug fixed so that I can continue in Career Mode. I have been playing since April 4 and do not want to lose all progress and data from that time lost.

Trying to begin a round in Career mode instantly causes the game to freeze. I am on the 4th round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Every time I try to select the round from the career mode screen the game instantly freezes. Music stops and there is no effect from any buttons. At that stage I have to force quit the game.

Message 12 of 124 (2,391 Views)

Round 4 of Career Tournament Freezes Game and Stops Music

★★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Summarize your bug Round 4 of career tournament crashes and freezes the game every single time. From the main menu when selecting start tournament the music stops and the game freezes. I have reset PlayStation and game multiple times, and tried starting the tournament from different menus in the schedule section, and nothing will work. I even did another tournament in quick play along with challenges to try and move forward, however everytime i select the round 4 it crashes. It was not happening before and I have completed tons of tournaments before this with no problem.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Round 4 of a tournament will not start.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes and music stops. Unable to play without resetting the game.
What do you expect to see? Ability to play round 4 and progress the career without withdrawing a 1st place win.

Compose

Message 13 of 124 (2,447 Views)

Ps5 career freezes sort it out

★★★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5
Summarize your bug Click to play a round of golf in career mode and it freezes.I can do the challenges but as soon as I click on round to play it freezes been like that since last friday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Loads of people are complaining but still no word from EA as to what they gonna do about it
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole game freezes and I have to close game
What do you expect to see? I want the game to work not too much to ask since I paid £85 for a game I can’t play

Either fix it or tell me how to get a refund 

Message 14 of 124 (2,418 Views)

Re: Round 4 of Career Tournament Freezes Game and Stops Music

★★★★★ Newbie
@61d19ac0458fb70b I have the same problem, round 4 at Banff springs. When I press to start the round menu just freezes and I have to restart the game. This is happening 100% of the time and I cannot progress
Message 15 of 124 (2,423 Views)

★★ Novice
@61d19ac0458fb70b Same problem
Message 16 of 124 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here!

Message 17 of 124 (1,654 Views)

EA Sports PGA Tour - Career Mode Freezing - PROBLEM SOLVED!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I SOLVED THE ISSUE FOR CAREER MODE FREEZING IN THE MENU!

The reason why it’s freezing is because the save file is corrupted for the game. I solved it but thought it was risky but it turns out it’s not!

In order to fix this issue you must delete your save file from your system

Here are the steps:

First you need to delete your save data from your ps5 storage or Xbox storage. Once you delete your save file, start the game up and make sure you wait and connect to the EA SERVERS and you will have to agree to the T&C’s again and set up your settings again, and after that you do not have to set up your golfer and start the career all over again from scratch. You will still have your created golfer, your upgrades and your level all there, so when you go into career mode it will ask where you want to start from so choose where you were left of with and skip to that particular week and it should work after that!

Hope it helps!

Message 18 of 124 (11,162 Views)

Re: EA Sports PGA Tour - Career Mode Freezing - PROBLEM SOLVED!

★★ Apprentice

@jcleonard2000 what was your issue? Mine is freezing when selecting the round to play or even skip it? Before I try this I want to see if this was the same issue you had?

Message 19 of 124 (11,125 Views)

Re: EA Sports PGA Tour - Career Mode Freezing - PROBLEM SOLVED!

★★★★ Novice

The ops fix is in other threads from previous weeks, not sure it's the same issue as the big thread 

I have tried the equivalent fix on pc to no avail. 

Message 20 of 124 (11,123 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help