Can't play Masters - Game Crashes To Desktop Immediately After Intro Video

by ScottyZEE3

Original Post

Can't play Masters - Game Crashes To Desktop Immediately After Intro Video

★★★ Novice

So we are now 1 year and 12 updates down the track and I still can't play The Masters Tournament in career mode - absolute disgrace and kind of embarrassing for a game which has the strapline: "Road to the Masters"!

Game works pretty flawlessly otherwise - 70 hours logged and have played most every course and no other issues with career mode - except for the Masters. I can play Augusta without any issues via Quickplay but every time I try to play the Masters in career mode, without fail, the game crashes to desktop right after the intro video. I am confident this is not an issue with Windows, graphics card or settings, or my hardware spec as I can replicate exactly the same behaviour on both my desktop and laptop - crash occurs immediately after the cheesy Masters video completes on both systems. This issue has been identified on this forum and others numerous times by others and there has never been an adequate response from EA - just unacceptable...

• Platform: Steam (PC)

• EA online name (in the EA App): ScottyZEE3

• Are you getting an error message? No - straight-up crash to desktop.

• Date this issue started (is it still happening?)? Since purchase (Dec 2023)

• What are the exact steps we can follow to reproduce this? Try playing the Masters
  • If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip...
  • If on PC an EA Error Report ID (Steps here):
  • If on PC, please share a DxDiag (Allows us to get PC Spec's, Check for errors/crashes, and look at drivers)

Message 1 of 11 (808 Views)

Re: Can't play Masters - Game Crashes To Desktop Immediately After Intro Video

Community Manager

Hi @ScottyZEE3 

To check, have you tried the following steps?

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (751 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I have tried those steps but, to be honest, most of them seem like fairly pointless recommendations if you had actually read my initial post. The game performs perfectly on two completely separate and different systems (PC and laptop)  except for the fact that it crashes to desktop at the exact same moment on both - at the end of the cut-scene video when I try to play the Masters Tournament.

What would be the odds of this problem being caused by drivers (completely different hardware) or corrupt system or game files (completely separate systems)? It seems evident to me that this is a bug with the game or perhaps with my save game file or something  - it has to be something that is common across two completely separate and different systems. I know others have reported the same problem in the past.

I am happy to try and work with you to get to the bottom of this issue with crash reports or anything else that might help but it would be good if you would make some more sensible suggestions.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Kind of incredibly telling that the thread dies here with no follow up. Not sure why I decided to trust EA again after every sports game on the PC has been an utter disappointment in terms of support. Every single place I have seen this issue reported it goes unanswered.

Message 4 of 11 (586 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep - dead right. I have also seen this exact issue reported multiple times across multiple forums, including this one but never with anything even approximating a solution. They just post the same BS response every time on this forum. If they had even read my initial post, they would have known that it was an actual impossibility that 80% of the "solutions" they suggested could possibly help.

It's evidently a bug in the game itself or the save game file (or both). I don't expect any further response, let alone anything that would even vaguely resemble a solution to the problem. As I said in the post, I am willing to try and provide any information that might be helpful to resolving the issue but clearly nobody at EA gives enough of a damn about resolving faulty product to even want to know.

The irony of the game being called "EA Sports PGA Tour: Road to the Masters" in the context of this bug report seems entirely lost on them. I am frankly amazed that the Augusta crowd (usually so protective of their brand) are in any way thrilled to be associated with this bug-ridden and bloat-wared excuse for a golf game... back to PGA2K23 for me - at least they don't pretend that you can play The Masters in their game.

Message 5 of 11 (545 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ScottyZEE3 @ScottyZEE3 

Apologies for the delay, Community Managers work across Answers HQ and in various threads. If you would like live support you can also reach out to our support team using this link; How to use EA Help

Thanks for trying to do those steps, to confirm we provide a range of steps while we work through any given report to see if trying anything different can help the issue further. 

For potential bugs, this can also help our team further understand what could be causing the issue. 

If we are running into a potential corruption with the saved game data, there are a few steps we could try (typically the ones above) to see if this issue continues. However, if they are unsuccessful in helping us we may need to start a new career as our support is unable to make remote changes to a save file, and the save for career mode is not held online the same way a game like Apex Legends of FC Ultimate team is. 

To confirm have you tried starting a new career or checking on a new created golfer first to see if you run into the same issue? 

cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 11 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me. So, I created a brand new golfer and qualified for the Masters under that golfer profile. I tried to start the tournament and exactly the same issue arose - the game quit to desktop immediately at the end of The Masters splash video. As before I am still not having any issues playing other tournaments or playing Augusta under quick play. The issue only arises trying to play The Masters tournament in career mode and  the crash to desktop occurs every time I try to start that tournament. I am willing to try any other suggestions you might have or provide any other information which you think might be useful. Thanks.

Message 7 of 11 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing, no?

Message 8 of 11 (378 Views)

★★★ Novice

Really couldn't give a damn about your paying customers, eh?

Message 9 of 11 (189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as you. The answers that EA support gave you is so stupid. They dont give a f about the player experience. This master issues been there for YEARS! I cant believe they suggest to "delete your career". This is the last EA product i buy ever, i stopped buying any of their sports game yearly 3 years ago, i thought golf could be a good option since i dont buy nhl anymore. Im so mad they * everything they do.

Message 10 of 11 (133 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help