by NightHawkk1997

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 2042 micro stuttering when running

★★★ Novice

I just made a post about this also it’s happening on the ps5 

Message 31 of 516 (3,893 Views)

★★ Guide
@jonvsrt4 I can confirm it’s related to this TN count! When it fluctuates it stutters and when mine goes above like 16-22 it stutters! When it’s stable of like 4-9 it’s fine
Message 32 of 516 (3,883 Views)

Time Nudge BF2042 stutter

★★ Guide

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 3080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB DDR5
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? BF2042
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday
Summarize your bug The Issue with the TN Count that somebody wrote in this Thread must be the Culprit. Check your Network Settings when you in Game. I mean the Network Bar that could be enabled in Game Settings under Network. There is an TN count in MS. when the Count goes over 22ms or fluctate between low and high counts, than the Game stutters when you move. If the Count is stable and under 20ms it´s totally smooth. I have tested this more than two Hours yesterday. The good Thing is, when you see at the start of an Round the fluctation, you could easily restart the match make and hope for another Server. It´s not on our Side, it´s an Server Problem. Dice must fix this. TN means Time Nudge: This is an synchroniation interpolation Timer between Player -> Server -> Player and back.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Issue with the TN Count that somebody wrote in this Thread must be the Culprit. Check your Network Settings when you in Game. I mean the Network Bar that could be enabled in Game Settings under Network. There is an TN count in MS. when the Count goes over 22ms or fluctate between low and high counts, than the Game stutters when you move. If the Count is stable and under 20ms it´s totally smooth. I have tested this more than two Hours yesterday. The good Thing is, when you see at the start of an Round the fluctation, you could easily restart the match make and hope for another Server. It´s not on our Side, it´s an Server Problem. Dice must fix this. TN means Time Nudge: This is an synchroniation interpolation Timer between Player -> Server -> Player and back. As some wrote in this Thread. Most Players don´t see this micro Stutter, it´s minor but once you triggered it is so annoying....
What happens when the bug occurs? The Issue with the TN Count that somebody wrote in this Thread must be the Culprit. Check your Network Settings when you in Game. I mean the Network Bar that could be enabled in Game Settings under Network. There is an TN count in MS. when the Count goes over 22ms or fluctate between low and high counts, than the Game stutters when you move. If the Count is stable and under 20ms it´s totally smooth. I have tested this more than two Hours yesterday. The good Thing is, when you see at the start of an Round the fluctation, you could easily restart the match make and hope for another Server. It´s not on our Side, it´s an Server Problem. Dice must fix this. TN means Time Nudge: This is an synchroniation interpolation Timer between Player -> Server -> Player and back. As some wrote in this Thread. Most Players don´t see this micro Stutter, it´s minor but once you triggered it is so annoying....
What should be happening instead? IT SHOULD BE SMOOTH

The Issue with the TN Count that somebody wrote in this Thread must be the Culprit.

Check your Network Settings when you in Game. I mean the Network Bar that could be enabled in Game Settings under Network. There is an TN count in MS.

when the Count goes over 22ms or fluctate between low and high counts, than the Game stutters when you move. If the Count is stable and under 20ms it´s totally smooth. I have tested this more than two Hours yesterday. The good Thing is, when you see at the start of an Round the fluctation, you could easily restart the match make and hope for another Server.

It´s not on our Side, it´s an Server Problem. Dice must fix this.

TN means Time Nudge: This is an synchroniation interpolation Timer between Player -> Server -> Player and back.

As some wrote in this Thread. Most Players don´t see this micro Stutter, it´s minor but once you triggered it is so annoying....

Message 33 of 516 (4,140 Views)

★ Guide
@NightHawkk1997 Yep... can concur..If TN is 15 or below for me then no micro stutter.. Would seem to indicate a server related issue?
Either way, when the micro-stutter starts, the TN is over 15.
Message 34 of 516 (3,863 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any chance your running MS OneDrive? That causes me all kind of delays if I don't pause it.

Message 35 of 516 (3,853 Views)

★★ Expert

disable onedrive from boot with windows
if needed you could start it manually Standard smile

Message 36 of 516 (3,840 Views)

★★ Guide

Hello, nope I am not running one drive at all it’s completely disabled and not in use. Was the first thing I did when I got the game haha!

thanks 

Message 37 of 516 (3,832 Views)

★ Guide
@RikerCarlson This problem still occurs when Onedrive is disabled.
This microstutter issue is not caused by Onedrive..It's an issue with the game or possibly the servers?
Message 38 of 516 (3,769 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@raverill I was hoping it would be something simple like that. I get some weird stuttering when I leave OneDrive on. Hopefully you can figured it out. Our PC's are similar in specs. Fortunately I've had good success with everything and have about 120 hours in.

Message 39 of 516 (3,739 Views)

★ Guide
@RikerCarlson Just waiting on Dice now to see if they address this micro-stutter issue in a future patch. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.
I prefer BF1, BF 3&4 anyway over 2042…any future BF games will be severely scrutinised before any purchase now..I really think Dice have lost their way / ability to produce great BF games to satisfy their true Battlefield fans.
Message 40 of 516 (3,730 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help