BF2042 Matches Not Launching Since 12/26/2023

by SBMM_IRL

Original Post

Re: BF2042 Matches Not Launching Since 12/26/2023

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SBMM_IRL 

Have you tried entering the DNS address for your Ethernet / Wifi connection in Windows ? Below I attach a screen shot of how to do this, order according to the numbering. In my case this solved the problem of connecting to the main server in CoD WW II and newer. The auto-detect option does not always work correctly.

Screen attached --> configure.jpg.

I have DNS configured in Windows (I do it every time after Windows formatting) and believe me, everything works much better for me, even websites open faster.

The second probable cause of this error (if DNS does not help) is a poorly configured firewall rule for the BF2042.exe application (you probably blocked the connection for it by accident), go to Windows Firewall / Antivirus / External firewall that you installed because you thought the firewall was Windows is vulnerable, go to the rules for the BF2042.exe application, and if you don't have one, create it and allow all connections (outgoing and incoming).

If these 2 things mentioned above do not help, read how to enable the UPNP IGD option in your router (The UPNP IGD option causes the router to open outgoing NAT ports itself - and outgoing ports are needed for gaming), after unlocking, restart the router using the same programming/browser to make changes to the router.

If that's not enough, read how unblock the NAT ports on your router, find the ports to be unblocked for the BF2042 game and unblock them, then restart the modem using the modem software/same browser you used to change the settings.

GL & Happy New Year.

Message 11 of 15 (1,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for this post, I realized what happened - I had a hardline on my PC and was simultaneously connected to the Wi-Fi. I guess the software got confused on connection settings. I disconnected from Wi-Fi and now we're good to go.

Message 12 of 15 (704 Views)

★★★ Guide

Very possible, and that the phone could produce a connection in closed mode (NAT closed), then you had no way to connect, great that I helped you find the source of the problem!

Have a great game in the new 2024 Standard smile.

Message 13 of 15 (683 Views)

★ Novice

what do u mean by hardline on pc. can u explain

Message 14 of 15 (503 Views)

★ Novice

I was able to play battlefield V fine for 300 hours, after launching 2042 I can no longer play V as I'm kicked from EA's servers every 3 minutes, experiencing the same problem.

also does anyone know how to create a ticket with support or does EA just not have  support for their games?

Message 15 of 15 (168 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help