Re: Sims 3 Not working

by The_Sim_Gamer

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 launcher keeps taking me back to EA App!! SOMEONE HELP PLS!

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue too and I'm hoping someone in this thread can help. I have tried clearing out the EA cache, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, repairing the game, and downloading/running the DXSETUP and nothing has worked. I have no CC, but i do have the bundle which includes the base game, Late Night expansion, and High End Loft Stuff. I have the DxDiag attached. Please help!!!  

Message 1421 of 1,446 (384 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher keeps taking me back to EA App!! SOMEONE HELP PLS!

@rs654654  Thanks for the dxdiag, which makes the issue clear: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on most newer Intel processors like yours.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for workarounds.  Apply the one of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W, since you've installed the game through the EA App.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1422 of 1,446 (367 Views)

Sims 3 CTD after pressing play in launcher

★ Novice

I just bought a new computer and wanted to download the sims 3 as my first game, but after just downloading the base game I pressed play in the launcher and immediately crashed to desktop. Not sure what would cause this, but here are my specs:

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900HX 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
Device ID EB84ED9A-B384-4871-992C-2A148B83E71B
Product ID 00342-21109-94745-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any help would be greatly appreciated, haven't played in years and miss it so much!

Message 1423 of 1,446 (321 Views)

Re: Sims 3 CTD after pressing play in launcher

@Heartgirl312  Thanks for listing your computer's processor, which makes the issue clear: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on this and similar models.  I've therefore merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for workarounds.

I'd also suggest removing the device and product IDs from your post, as these are somewhat sensitive information.

Message 1424 of 1,446 (291 Views)

Sims 3 Not working

★★★ Novice

Hello. I have Sim 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4. I am having trouble running Sims 3. Sims 4 can run just fine but Sims 3 just will not run. It only takes me back to the EA app.

I even tried downloading the latest DirectX and still will not work. It runs fine on Windows 10 but not WIndows 11. Is there anything I'm missing?

Message 1425 of 1,446 (227 Views)

@The_Sim_Gamer  If your computer has a 12th-gen or newer Intel processor, please see the accepted solution of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/1...

Otherwise, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 1426 of 1,446 (219 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok. Here is my the dxdiag. I also tried going into where the games is installed and tried to launch without the launching the launch menu. But it all doing the same thing. Sending me back EA app main menu.

Message 1427 of 1,446 (210 Views)

@The_Sim_Gamer  That's not what I asked for: in general, a dxdiag needs to be the entire text file, not a screenshot of the first page.  However, I can see from that first page that you have an Alder Lake processor and are therefore affected by the issue in the thread I linked.  Please try one of the workarounds in the accepted solution of that thread.

Message 1428 of 1,446 (197 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh ok. I thought be easier that way. I gave that Alder Lake Patch a try. Now it works. Thanks for the help.

Message 1429 of 1,446 (172 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Lazy Duchess, You blimmin genius! Game now starts on Win11 i7 PC thanks to the Alderpatch on Page1. Download it and use it to patch the sims3.exe in Program files /EA Games/ The Sims3

Message 1430 of 1,446 (169 Views)