Original Post

Re: add-ons wont show up in game

★ Novice

This worked for me! Thanks so much!!

Message 21 of 92 (316 Views)

Backyard Stuff Pack has disappeared!

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just loaded the game and whilst on the EA App, it says it is installed however in game it isn't. Can someone please help!

Message 22 of 92 (325 Views)

Re: Backyard Stuff Pack has disappeared!

@Laylamiriam  I've merged your post with a longer thread for this issue.  Please open Terminal, in Applications > Utilities, and enter this command:

find / -name "SP08" 2>/dev/null

Then post a screenshot of the results.  You can black out your username if you like, but leave the rest intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 92 (289 Views)

Upgraded Sims 4 expansion packs not loading even though they show in library

★★★ Newbie

I have done the recent upgrade and it is only loading the base Sims 4 game but not all the expansion packs I have purchased.  When I check in library, it shows they are owned but there is no 'repair' button or anywhere where I can download again.

Message 24 of 92 (284 Views)

Re: Sims 4 packs aren't loading in game

★★★ Newbie

Here is what I get when I input that first command in the terminal.

Message 25 of 92 (278 Views)

Re: Sims 4 packs aren't loading in game

[ Edited ]

@immortalgems  It looks like the problem is that Sims 4 is installed here:

Applications/EA Games

and your packs are installed here:

Users/your username/Applications/The Sims 4 Packs

You can try dragging the "The Sims 4 Packs" folder into Applications/EA Games, so it's with the base game.  If that doesn't help, delete the Packs folder, restart your computer, and redownload your packs.

@Kellkel71  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please run the first Terminal command post 5, if you own Get to Work.  If not, replace EP01 with the pack code for something you do own.  Here's the complete list:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/extras-2/available-packs-dlc/

Please post a screenshot of the results.

Message 26 of 92 (268 Views)

Expansion Packs won't reinstall in the new EA App

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone!

I seem to have came across some issues with the new EA App. 

Just a short time ago I deleted The Sims 4 on my MacBook since there wasn't enough disk space to do an update. I decided to reinstall the base game on my computer, but now it seems it isn't giving me an option to reinstall all of my 32 add-ons, including game packs and stuff packs. I couldn't even uninstall a few of my packs prior to deleting the game, as that option wasn't available on the EA App. I know for a fact that none of my packs were being installed while the base game was redownloading. It says all of my packs are in the library, but it's not allowing me to reinstall them. Also, whenever I launch the game, and if I click on an expansion pack that I have, it says 'You already own this pack.' I should also mention that I repaired the game and shut off my computer, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Now if I click on 'Resume' or 'Load Game' in the launch menu, the screen now takes forever to load. I'm worried that I crashed the game, or possibly corrupted my game files.

My question is, how do I reinstall my expansion packs? I honestly don't know what to do at this point. It says I own them, but why isn't it giving me the option of reinstalling them??? I can't play on any of my saved files unless I restart the game. 

Also, I'd like to reinstall a few packs. I don't plan on downloading all of them as there isn't enough disk space on my computer.

Message 27 of 92 (291 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs won't reinstall in the new EA App

@rassberri  Please go into Applications > Utilities, open Terminal, and enter this command:

find / -name "EP14" 2>/dev/null

Then run this command:

find / -name "EP15" 2>/dev/null

These will search your computer for Horse Ranch and For Rent, respectively, possibly showing that they're installed in the wrong location.  Please post the results of both searches.  You can black out your username if you want, but leave the rest intact.

Message 28 of 92 (246 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I typed in the command, but it resulted in nothing. Nothing popped up.
Message 29 of 92 (227 Views)

@rassberri  Please don't type in the command; copy it and paste it, then click Return/Enter.  Wait for the search to finish, which can take a few minutes depending on your system.  You'll know when it's done because the window's header will change.  Then post the results.

Message 30 of 92 (219 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help