Cannot update Sims 4 in EA App Mac

by madie2451

Original Post

Cannot update Sims 4 in EA App Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi!

I have been following this thread because I think I might be having the same issue but I am not technologically savvy in the slightest. I'm struggling with my app crashing as well since the June update on my Mac. It's running MacOS Sonoma 14.5 so it's completely up to date and I have tried everything I can think of to actually get the update to download but it will cycle through all of the stages of downloading the update and then either get stuck on a stage or crash unexpectedly. I've tried moving all of my mods/CC out of my Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 folders and on to my desktop but even that hasn't helped. Any help would be extremely appreciated!!

Edit - moved from Mac forum to EA App forum, edited title to better reflect issue (Bluebellflora)

Message 1 of 4 (245 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing since June Update

@madie2451

To be clear, are you having problems updating the game in EA App or are you managing to update but when you press Play in EA App the game doesn't launch?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

★ Novice

Having problems updating the game in EA App! It will cycle through all of the updating stages multiple times and then the app crashes or sometimes it will get stuck on a stage and just freeze.

Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@madie2451 I had the same problem yesterday; it turned out that I didn't give access to the disc (or it was reset somehow) and the sims couldn't boot
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help