BOUGHT Sims 4 DLC Greyed Out - 'Available on Windows' Error (Worked on Origin)

by GenGenGenxxx

Original Post

Re: BOUGHT Sims 4 DLC Greyed Out - 'Available on Windows' Error (Worked on Origi

Community Manager
@TeeyaM, what macOS are you running? Because SimCity™ will only run on macOS versions that support 32-bit applications.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 11 of 27 (970 Views)

Unavailable Add-ons Sims 4

★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble with my add-ons in the sims downloading and appearing in game. I switched from origin to the EA app since its available for Mac but it says two of my DLCs are unavailable (Luxury and Fashion Street kit) and only can be used on windows. Before I switched over, I could use these packs all the time with no issue and I wasn't on windows (I was still on Mac). My friend is also having the same problem but with a different pack (Dine out and Luxury). I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, both the game and app. I also tried repairing my game too but still nothing. If anyone has a solution or idea please help! 

Message 12 of 27 (973 Views)

Re: BOUGHT Sims 4 DLC Greyed Out - 'Available on Windows' Error (Worked on Origi

★★★ Novice

I'm on a MacOS Sonoma version 14. I've never had the issue before until I switched to the EA app.

Message 13 of 27 (944 Views)

Previously played games listed as "available on windows"

★★ Novice

Following the migration from Origin to EA, 3 of my packs will not download. Under "Manage add-ons" they are listed under "owned add-ons" and each says "available on windows". If I go to the pages for the specific packs, I'm only given the option to repurchase them, not to download them.

Message 14 of 27 (950 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this problem too! All of my packs were fine before I was forced to switch to the EA app.. has anyone found a solution yet?

Message 15 of 27 (914 Views)

Re: Unavailable Add-ons Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

The EXACT same thing is happening to me, I'm so irritated. They need to fix this ASAP because I will not be paying for a new pack I already have. 

Message 16 of 27 (854 Views)

Move from Origin to EA App, lost expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

After moving from the Origin App to the EA App (forced to do so by on screen message) all my expansion packs now say only available on windows!!?? What gives? I have bought so many I really really don't want to lose them, please help!

Message 17 of 27 (853 Views)

Re: Unavailable Add-ons Sims 4

★ Pro

My EA app also shows Fashion Street and Luxury Party greyed out and listed under "Owned Content," with "Available on Windows" underneath. However, the content still shows up in my game. I wasn't sure whether to bother reporting this since the packs still work, but then I stumbled upon this thread, so I thought I'd mention it.

I figured this was happening because there was a time a while back when Jungle Adventure (which I already owned), Luxury Party and Fashion Street were offered as a free bundle on the EA app. At that time, I was still using Origin. But I didn't want to miss out on getting the two packs I didn't have for free, so I found a workaround where I used a borrowed PC to log in on the EA app, download the bundle, then log out and log back into Origin on my Mac. (There may have been a couple more steps in between, but I can't remember them now.)

So, I assume this issue of the packs being greyed out has something to do with how I managed to get them in the first place. But, they still work for me anyway. I also checked the source files for these packs, and they look just like the source files for all the other packs.

Message 18 of 27 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im using MacOS sonoma version 14.3.1.  I do have a new update. Would doing my mac update help?

Thank youu

Message 19 of 27 (834 Views)

Sims 4 Packs Windows to Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone!

So I bought Sims 4 and a bunch of different packs on my crappy old Windows computer a long time ago, and I just got a new MacBook. I was able to download the EA App and get connected to my old account on the Sims, but when I go to Manage Add-Ons it says that those packs that I bought are only available on Windows so I can't redownloaded them. I love the Sims, but no way am I dropping another $40 on each of those packs again - so I'm hoping somewhere here can help me figure this out.

Thank you all!

Message 20 of 27 (614 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help