F1®24 PC and Wheel Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_Vendcera

Original Post

Re: F1®24 PC and Wheel Troubleshooting Guide

★★ Novice

I had my game installed on disk C but I thought about it and the only parameter that had changed since my windows reset was a RAM replacement and I wonder if this action might not have pleased the anticheat. I redid a Windows installation and the game works again. I hope it won't recrash. For the moment the setup is stable. But it's true that your anticheat system seems too sensitive at times, given the number of players experiencing the same problem. And unfortunately not everyone has the patience I had to do 2 complete reinstallations which seem to solve the problem.

Message 41 of 50 (491 Views)

Community Manager
@KamiNoTeF1 Thanks for coming back to me, and I'm glad it works now for you and that's the most important! Dealing with the Anti Cheat isn't always easy, but I'll be sure to pass the feedback along.
Vendcera.png

Message 42 of 50 (468 Views)

★ Novice

game just closing when racing or even when not racing please help

windows 11 pro

AMD Ryzen 5600 6 core 3700mhz

32 gb memory

NVDIA GEFORCE 3080

hobnob

Message 43 of 50 (444 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Vendcera, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have updated the firmware as you suggested, yet the game does not recognise the game. 

It’s still on the officially supported list, are you able to point to another fix either I can do or if there is one in the works? 

Thank you! 

Message 44 of 50 (414 Views)

Community Manager
@cliff98 Hmm, we haven't come across any other major reports and for the vast majority of players it's working without issues, so this seems more of an isolated issue.

How is your Moza R3 wheel plugged in?

Are you possible using any USB extension leads or hubs?
Vendcera.png

Message 45 of 50 (385 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your continued help. 

I’ve seen a few others also having issues via this forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Bug-Reports/MOZA-R3-Wheel-not-working-on-Xbox/td-p/137850...

The wheel is plugged directly into the front of my Xbox series X through the USB cable, no extensions. 

Message 46 of 50 (382 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having crashing problems with this game for a while now. My computer will halfway crash with my monitors turning off and saying it as no signal and it is entering power save mode. I can still hear my friends in discord calls or videos/music when the monitors are off but the only way for me to fix it is to power off and on. It happens anytime while interacting with the career mode at random. Entering a weekend, starting upgrades moving from q1 to q2 exiting or entering flashback menus, end of races (had to race shanghai 8 times lmao), changing sessions, or just at random throughout the race. I have verified game files, updated drivers, reinstalled the game and reinstalled Logitech Ghub and those didn't fix. The most recent driver update created a freezing problem where i can hear sound but nothing happens for roughly 5 seconds and it starts back again. When I verify the files on steam it says that 3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired. I fixed that by clearing my download cache and verifying again but after a day or to it came back. Super lost so any help is appreciated Standard smile

Message 47 of 50 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So I have a Simucube 2 Pro as listed on your supported list.

Attached to the DD base is a Cube Controls F-Core Wheel Rim.

In both F1 22 AND F1 24, None of the buttons or paddles work OR can be mapped in the F1 games.

The Wheel can be connected to the PC via USB or Bluetooth as the wheel has both capabilities.

When connected in either USB or Bluetooth modes, nothing can be seen in the F1 Games.

Windows Game Controller sees the wheel and buttons and paddles just fine.

All other games installed on PC work without any issues with the wheel in both Bluetooth and USB modes.

iRacing - OK

assetto corsa  - OK

assetto corsa competizione - OK

Automobilista 2 - OK

Something is up with EA F1 series with this Wheel Rim.

Message 48 of 50 (190 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, since i bought the game i haven't been able to play it nicely.

I have a Logitech G29 and it works in every other F1 Game, and only in this one the force feedback in some parts of the track disappears and sometimes it's like the wheel locks.

Is there a way to get it fixed? I really want to play it but not like this

Message 49 of 50 (100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Logitech G29 (6 months old), I've used it in AC and KRP and it works perfectly fine, recently in F1 24 I have this problem when the wheel will lose Force feedback going around slow corners and also sometimes the wheel will try to full rotate lock itself in the direction I am turning and will fight against me when I try and turn the other way. Please help its really frustrating

Message 50 of 50 (73 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help