control with controller

by blakrazor

Original Post

control with controller

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Buttons on controller will become unresponsive, causing soft lock
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have been playing on Jedha and noticed that my buttons would occasionally stop functioning. They occurred during areas of rapid button mashing which stuttered the game a little, and then buttons became unresponsive.
What happens when the bug occurs? The first occasion was that my combination of LB + Y for lightsaber throw stopped working. Y by itself would work, LB by itself would work, but the combination of LB and Y did not work at all. The second occasion I got soft locked in was when jumping down back onto the spamel. Once on the spamel, I can no longer use any of the controller buttons to get off. Only the directional joysticks work. Same thing for PC controls. Even dying respawns on the spamel and still cannot get controls to work.
What do you expect to see? Working controls so I can not be soft locked on a spamel.

Please help me, you're my only hope.

[Hero edit: made title more descriptive]

Message 1 of 4 (659 Views)

Re: control

Hero

Did you get this working?

My experience with games built on this engine are that while playing on PC you have to either have a controller OR keyboard/mouse plugged in... not both.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 4 (572 Views)

Re: control with controller

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed similar issues - only ever seems to be with the trigger (R1/R2) buttons, although I haven't specifically noticed it during a button mash - I have noticed it during some passages of play where I need to use a force power for example, or trigger Bode to do something - it either flat out refuses to trigger the action (usually Bode trigger) or activates the action, but the game ignores it (usually when trying to force push/pull something).  If I switch back briefly to using keyboard and mouse - it works fine- then I can go back to controller.

As for using only one of keyboard and mouse or controller - it's a PC, most folks use it for more than just playing Jedi Survivor so I wouldn't say that's a reasonable workaround.  I've yet to encounter it causing me a major issue as it tends to be in railroaded scripted segments that I've noticed it, rather than during combat/open play.

Message 3 of 4 (548 Views)

Re: control with controller

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having a similar issue using an Xbox One controller. This has only happened a couple times but is quite impactful, considering it just happened when I was over 20 minutes away from a meditation point with no way back or to continue since I couldn't use needed inputs. Seemingly random buttons wouldn't work (like RB and D-pad down), while others would work (LB and triggers). And the same associated inputs would not work on the keyboard. And everything still worked in the pause menu. The only temporary fix I know of is quiting to the title menu or exitting the game entirely.

Message 4 of 4 (88 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help