LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r

by arcanummageborn

Original Post

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r

★★★ Newbie

Product: STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug I have gotten pretty far into the game, and now every time I try and play I will get a few minutes into playing and my game crashes. This is the error I get LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r8release/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Resources.cpp:507 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. PC Specs Ryzen 5 5600x Msi Be550 Tomahawk Gefore 4070 32GB Ram I made it through the first half with only two crashes now, I cannot even finish the game. This is so disappointing.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly do not know I am just trying to play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Performance stuttering, then the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to keep playing the game.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r8release/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Resources.cpp:507 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I have gotten pretty far into the game, and now every time I try and play I will get a few minutes into playing and my game crashes.  I made it through the first half with only two crashes now, I cannot even finish the game. This is so disappointing.

Message 1 of 10 (3,981 Views)

Re: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branch

★★★ Newbie

I get the same / similar error: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r8release/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Res

ever since I returned to the desert to ride that dinogiraffe and encounter lots of walkers with there troops - sometimesit crashes after 1 minute, somtimes after 10.

I have cleared shader cache, run as administrator, updated Nvidia drivers, disabled antivirus software, disabled full screen optimisations.

It has stuttered constantly throughout but never crashed until now. 

4090 | 13900K | Win 11 | Driver: 531.79

Such a shame, was loving the game and was able to look past the issues until now

Message 2 of 10 (3,950 Views)

Re: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branch

Community Manager

@meatslug @arcanummageborn 

Try turning off raytracing, that helped some people on this thread, thanks: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-crash-when-entering-Cere-s-base-error-code/td-p/12520835

Try turning it back on when you get to a new/next area.

barry.png
Message 3 of 10 (3,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry well ea, maybe you could try to fix the bug you created. Raytracing is turned of since the begining, it worked all fine since the last patch.
so do your Jib and fix it
Message 4 of 10 (3,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think thats pretty LAME.

Turn off game features that you paid for in order to play the game, because we are unable to fix the game 3 months after release...

Message 5 of 10 (3,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA,

I have this same exact issue, and i am running a 4060. Any 40 series graphic driver should not have this problem and since this is a re occurring issue i do feel that your staff needs to find a way to fix this bug. We as consumers should not have to pay for a game that should run beautifully and constantly adjust every time your game has a problem because you are unwilling to resolve the issue. That being said, i will try to turn ray tracing off but this does little to no good if you have multiple people reporting this error.

Message 6 of 10 (2,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry son of a * *
Message 7 of 10 (2,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tend to agree i havent been able to get any playability out of the game so far. its kind of making me want a refund, i have to computers and even my precious isn't working man. as a consumer it makes me want to say away from your product. the 1st game had minimal issues on pc from what i experience and this pos takes about 3x the space on my extreme ssd feels like wasted space. i know my equipment is good

Message 8 of 10 (2,015 Views)

★ Novice

just bought the game and after trying everything, it still crashes

Message 9 of 10 (1,761 Views)

★★ Novice

I receive the same error and I have never had raytracing on. Please return to this error code. It's been reported since launch and still it's happening. That is NOT acceptable.

Message 10 of 10 (317 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help