Your thoughts about the last 2 Kits from Roadmap 1/2024? 🛣

by LennyOgg

Original Post

Your thoughts about the last 2 Kits from Roadmap 1/2024? 🛣

★★ Pro

There are still two new Kits to be released from the first Roadmap 2024 (January-April=soon) 

What are your thoughts what they are about?

Are you interested in buying them or are you going to hold back after the latest desasters?

When I saw these pics back in January when the Roadmap was revealed, I was so excited because the first image looks a lot like 70s style and I love the 70s 👢

For the second pic I have no clue, maybe stuff for a party? 🎉

Usually I buy every pack on release day and we make a little special or weave it into our story - but I didn't buy Crystal Creations either and I was so so excited and we already had plans.

I'm utterly disappointed and sad with what happened the last weeks. I won't spend any money on Sims 4 for a while.

That shopping cart was the last straw and it broke my heart 😭

And I wish they'd first fix all the severe bugs before they throw out new packs - and bugs ö.Ö

tumblr_8c658444af134e63b787dc5070fb9bde_692584dd_2048.jpg

tumblr_8f948791f2ebd0e61e3544ee294240a9_1f3bf8b2_2048.jpg

Message 1 of 7 (1,031 Views)

Re: Your thoughts about the last 2 Kits from Roadmap 1/2024? 🛣

Champion

I am looking forward to hearing more details about the kits and the type of kits that they are Standard smile New kits are always great to have,use and explore the features  in the game. I will probably buy them when they are released.

——————————————————
May you find joy in little everyday things,strength to cope when feeling tired or pain,encouraged by the love of family & friends.
Sending a smile and a hug to all who need one today

I am a Volunteer. I do not work for EA
Message 2 of 7 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Guide

Based on the road map info, I don't think these kits are for me. I feel like the cas of bigger packs is becoming overwhelming, I have little need for more cas. And the (assumed) build kit feels like a luxury party 2.0, not something I think I need. But I am curious to find out more so I know if my expectations are correct.

I any case I am less likely to buy them than I would have been before the shopping cart. Crystal creations is really up my alley so I will get that one but in general I will be more picky about what to get. I feel like being milked for money and the shopping cart definitely made me reconsider how much money I should spend on this game.

Message 3 of 7 (996 Views)

★ Pro

Excited to hear more details about these kits, just not sure I will be buying them immediately.  The shopping cart has annoyed me and made me react in a very negative way - not wanting to purchase anything EA ever again!  The App already has plenty of advertising so there is no need for an annoying, distracting and anxiety-creating shopping cart in my game ruining my enjoyment!  The shopping cart has majorly overstepped the boundaries for me.  It reminds me too much of the Sims 3 shop and I am concerned that this is a planned insertion towards future micro-transactions for Sims 4. 

Message 4 of 7 (963 Views)

★ Pro

I only have a few free kits; I won't ever buy one for CAD$0.28-$0.35 per item. Maybe I'd buy kits if they ever allow them to be bundled or if they have a BOGO sale or something. But I don't think that's ever really going to happen.

When kits first came out, I viewed them as a cash grab and a drain on resources that should be going into full packs and bug fixes. My view of that situation hasn't changed, and in fact recent events have only reinforced this view. At first, the only advantage of kits to me (as a Mac player; I know it's different for console players) was that they were considered too minor to possibly introduce bugs, especially once they gave up on gameplay kits. But as we've seen, now even kits can have bugs. Heck, even SDX drops can have bugs now. Remember the functional backpack bug?

So, no, I won't be buying these kits. Even if they give away the celebration kit for free, I won't download it immediately because I'm still waiting for a patch that fixes the last few patches. So I'd continue waiting for that and also wait to see whether the kit itself has bugs.

Message 5 of 7 (946 Views)

★★ Guide

I would say don't care and move on, but I'm still wondering about the celebratory kit. How similar it would be to The Sims 2: Celebration! Stuff (link leads to The Sims Wiki)...

No clothing, that's for sure. What furniture, that's the question.

Message 6 of 7 (939 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EgonVM wrote:

I would say don't care and move on, but I'm still wondering about the celebratory kit. How similar it would be to The Sims 2: Celebration! Stuff (link leads to The Sims Wiki)...

No clothing, that's for sure. What furniture, that's the question.

So I am not the only one who was reminded of the sims 2 celebration stuff when I saw the road map. I actually liked that sims 2 pack, especially the wedding dresses and dresses for child and toddler sims. But as this is a build kit, I wonder what will be in the kit.

Message 7 of 7 (910 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help