Star Wars Squadrons will not launch (EPIC GAMES)

by Pickle_G

Original Post

Star Wars Squadrons will not launch (EPIC GAMES)

★ Novice

the game was purchased through EPIC GAMES.

EPIC opens EA automatically and then a spash screen for Anticheat loads after a while the splash screen disappears and retruns me to the EA app.

the game never loads.

here are the trouble shooting steps I have tried.

Repair the game in the EA app.
Uninstall the game, reboot and reinstall the game.
Make an exception in your firewall/virus protection for both anti-cheat, the game, and both launchers.
Clear the cache.
Check that the Epic account is linked to the EA app.

Those are the things I have tried so far that have not worked.

contated EA chat, they just asked me to post here as well as asking me to do all of the above again.

contacted EPIC they said "As much as I would love to provide more troubleshooting for this, please know that we have limited workaround when it comes to these games as we are limited to the launcher itself only. This issue persists on the game itself. Having said that, contacting again EA Support will provide more workaround to resolve this as they are the experts in it. "

in simple terms "EA's problem not ours"

I have also tried a few other fixes that did not work like the system variables fix, that did not apply to my problem though.

I also can not install the game on EPIC, people keep asking me to do that.

there is no "install" button on the game if it is uninstalled, only "launch"

after that it opens up EA and installs through that.

the game worked fine a year ago on EA Origin.

origin is gone now. maybe the EA app is the problem?

Message 1 of 5 (254 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons will not launch (EPIC GAMES)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem this blows, working 6 months ago then ka-put, some BS about a release date. pissed as all hellion, dont know what to do because the humans on the other end are just AI dewsh bahgs,nowadays, PLEASE HELP

@Pickle_G wrote:

the game was purchased through EPIC GAMES.

EPIC opens EA automatically and then a spash screen for Anticheat loads after a while the splash screen disappears and retruns me to the EA app.

the game never loads.

here are the trouble shooting steps I have tried.

Repair the game in the EA app.
Uninstall the game, reboot and reinstall the game.
Make an exception in your firewall/virus protection for both anti-cheat, the game, and both launchers.
Clear the cache.
Check that the Epic account is linked to the EA app.

Those are the things I have tried so far that have not worked.

contated EA chat, they just asked me to post here as well as asking me to do all of the above again.

contacted EPIC they said "As much as I would love to provide more troubleshooting for this, please know that we have limited workaround when it comes to these games as we are limited to the launcher itself only. This issue persists on the game itself. Having said that, contacting again EA Support will provide more workaround to resolve this as they are the experts in it. "

in simple terms "EA's problem not ours"

I have also tried a few other fixes that did not work like the system variables fix, that did not apply to my problem though.

I also can not install the game on EPIC, people keep asking me to do that.

there is no "install" button on the game if it is uninstalled, only "launch"

after that it opens up EA and installs through that.

the game worked fine a year ago on EA Origin.

origin is gone now. maybe the EA app is the problem?

Message 2 of 5 (205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in real simple terms, none of the solutions have worked, so we wait for them to fix it or buy a digital copy and hope that it works with no hiccups

Message 3 of 5 (197 Views)

★ Novice

Solved this today!

for me the problem came from one drive, I saw another post about it and decided to try it.
I dont usually have the one-drive program running on start up because I dont want unnecessary clutter, but I opened the program and saw that there was a refresh icon so I clicked it and it started backing up files/folders, I guess it updated a Star Wars Squadrons folder and then BOOM, the game launched.

It's shame neither EA or EPIC could help me solve it so thank the force for the person in the comments section for having the same solution I needed, I hope this works for you too.

Message 4 of 5 (190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@nicholazfuqr Mine worked until i upgraded to a 4k monitor and a 4080..now black screen of death
Message 5 of 5 (159 Views)