Why can't NHL22 be on pc?

by bruhmoment289

Original Post

Re: NHL - PC Version Please

★★★★★ Guide

Not a PC gamer but I fully agree. There should be a PC version of the game no doubt about it

Message 21 of 48 (1,977 Views)

Re: We need NHL games on PC

★★★★★ Pro

Hey @EA_Blueberry @EA_Aljo 

Show this to someone at EA with an Athletic subscription and see if you guys can hire these heroes:

https://theathletic.com/3027314/2021/12/22/travel-to-a-land-where-its-always-2004-and-meet-the-peopl...

Message 22 of 48 (1,926 Views)

Re: Why can't NHL22 be on pc?

★★★ Newbie

Just as expected EA does literally nothing but gives us a link to a stupid website that says "The American hockey fans aren't as big as other sports" Well who said only Americans play NHL22 Like look at FIFA a lot of people outside of the US play FIFA and they get a pc installment. Great Company.

Message 23 of 48 (1,792 Views)

Community Manager

@bruhmoment289 

I don't believe I said it's an issue with a lack of American fans. I'm talking about the overall fanbase. FIFA gets a PC version because the sport has the community to support it. This really shouldn't be a surprise with just how big that sport is. It can be played anywhere and requires minimal equipment. Hockey, even when ice isn't involved, tends to be a sport that you can't just pick up and play without having specialized equipment. 

We would truly love to have a PC version. It just runs the very high potential to be a lot of work with not a lot of return as well as stalling progress on the much more popular, console version of the game.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 48 (1,784 Views)

★ Guide
EA should buy OOTP and use their engine and EA's graphics. That's ultimately what we want. Realism with graphics and currently that doesn't exist.
Message 25 of 48 (1,735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

The only reason it's more popular on consoles is because that's the only way we can play. I have never once seen an official poll or anything from EA about bringing NHL back to PC. Make a prompt on the game as soon as you open it asking if players would switch to PC if it were to be released. Then, once you have your answer, make it cross play between PC and consoles. EA is a billion dollar company, just spend the money on resources to do it. It really shouldn't be that hard to actually cater to what the fans want for once. 

Message 26 of 48 (1,678 Views)

Community Manager

@Wobblaa 

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely appreciate it Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 27 of 48 (1,673 Views)

@Wobblaa 

A PC version would open up the possiblity for mods/hacks, and keybinds so I don't think that'd be really fair. Console crossplay makes sense but I personally say let the PCers play amongst themselves

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 28 of 48 (1,671 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's actually BECAUSE of this (lack of access to real hockey) that the game should be available on pc. I used to play hockey when i was younger but moved to an area where the nearest rink is 2 hours away and would cost me over £30 to get there and back. I miss skating and nhl is the closest i can now get. I'm a pc gamer and can't even play virtual ice hockey. Ice hockey is more popular outside the US than american football with european leagues and even a uk league (i'm from uk). So to say it's due to lack of access to real ice hockey ispart of the reason it is not on pc is rubbish.

As for developing for pc, it's made on pc, literally NOTHING would need changing, make controller mandatory. i know this as i am in game development (though i use unity and obviously not frostbite) and the coding for console and pc is the same, it's just the exporting/package format that changes. we don't need better graphics, lock it to 60fps and almost all but the cheapest pc could run it.

Message 29 of 48 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well thanks everyone for this and how this is still an alive thread hopefully nhl gets a pc installment in the near future. its just if the admins are lack of access and not a big american fanbase of hockey well yes that is a kind of valid point but if you play something like street hockey it does not require as much equipment than ice hockey all you need is a stick and you could have a friend have a net or your own and street hockey pucks are like 1:00 $ each and not big American fanbase as an american myself soccer or football is not as popular in america as it is in other places yet fifa gets on steam every year it comes out. And the third point is what does this have to nhl coming on pc like PlayStation and xbox get nhl and those points can go very well with the consoles to and pc gaming is contuning to grow this is a great chance to make extra money for ea just sayin -bruhmoment289

Message 30 of 48 (1,265 Views)