[EA app] DA:O Video Card Not Supported, But Cannot Run DAOriginsConfig

by Macjeems

Original Post

[EA app] DA:O Video Card Not Supported, But Cannot Run DAOriginsConfig

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased DAO a while back, and am trying to play it on my new laptop. When I launch DAO from the EA App, the game crashes on start up with an error that the Video Card is not Supported.

The fix available I have found is to run the DAOriginConfig.exe and change the Resolution to match the desktops, then run the game.

Unfortunately, when I try to run the Config.exe, it tries to gather system information and then crashes, with no error message.

I am using a modern gaming laptop with a RTX 4080, don’t know if that is pertinent.

Message 1 of 7 (279 Views)

Re: [EA app] DA:O Video Card Not Supported, But Cannot Run DAOriginsConfig

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Macjeems Also, I have tried to run the Config file as Administrator, without any luck.

Message 2 of 7 (277 Views)

Re: Video Card Not Supported, But Cannot Run DAOriginsConfig to Fix

@Macjeems 

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 3 of 7 (256 Views)

Re: [EA app] DA:O Video Card Not Supported, But Cannot Run DAOriginsConfig

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here is my DXDiag text file.

Message 4 of 7 (211 Views)

@Macjeems 

1. Hit Windows key and X.
2. Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” or "Windows Terminal (Administrator)", whichever option is offered.
3. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
4. If errors are found, notify us. If no errors were found reaped steps 1 & 2.
5. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
6. The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
7. After it reaches 100% reaped steps 1 & 2
8. Inside PowerShell, CMD or Terminal enter “sfc /scannow” without quotes > ENTER.
10. Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here.

11. Repair the game.

(Origin: Game Library > Right-click the game cover > Repair)
(EA app: My Collection > Click on the three dots on the game cover > Repair)
(Steam: Game Library > Right-click the game > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.)
12. Test.

If that don't helps:
Create a new Windows user account  (Administrator) don't use local special characters, use only  Characters from the ASCII table

• Reboot > Log in to the new user account.
  • Test.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 5 of 7 (209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the help. I am able to do steps 1-7 just fine (without any errors), but receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." when I run sfc /scannow. Am I mistyping it?

Message 6 of 7 (133 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Macjeems 

Macjeems wrote:

Thank you for the help. I am able to do steps 1-7 just fine (without any errors), but receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." when I run sfc /scannow. Am I mistyping it?

I don't think so, the error message is specific to a failure of the repair service.

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Choose "command prompt (Administrator)" , "Power shell (Administrator)" or "Terminal (Administrator)".
  • Copy and paste "sc config trustedinstaller start= auto" (Without the quotes) into the CMD/PowerShell/Terminal Window > press Enter.
    You should get a SUCCESS message.
  • Copy and paste "net start trustedinstaller(Without the quotes) into the CMD/PowerShell/Terminal Window > press Enter.
    You should receive a message that the service was started.
  • Try the sfc /scannow command again.

Isaac Asimov
Message 7 of 7 (123 Views)