[EA app] DA II Not Launching - Stuck on Preparing

by Gethist

Original Post

[EA app] DA II Not Launching - Stuck on Preparing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This game will not launch. Not after uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting or cache clearing the app, game, or my computer, the damned thing refuses to launch. I didn't have this problem with the Origin app, which says a lot when during it's time it was hot garbage. I've bought the game on the APP store and Steam, yet doesn't recognize it, I've made sure to link the App to the correct Steam account, and the damn thing always gets hung up on the 'preparing game' load screen. Dragon age Origins works just fine. All the EA app has done is just give me a headache and so much unnecessary trouble that it would be so much easier to just pirate my games than go through the site anymore. Seriously, what's the purpose of the App when you can't even play the games on it? 

Any help would be greatly appreciative. 

Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: [EA app] DA II Not Launching - Stuck on Preparing

Community Manager

Hey, @Gethist Stuck on preparing could be a lot of things really. There is never one reason that causes this one. 

Can you attach a DxDiag

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (126 Views)