The new EZ escape window in the highschool years pack doesn't work

by Liam_20605

Original Post

Re: The new EZ escape window in the highschool years pack doesn't work

@xxfre9b0dy3n

I think there are certain situations you use the window in but I'm not clear on what they are. My live mode knowledge is pretty sketchy Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 21 of 32 (1,346 Views)

Hero

@xxfre9b0dy3n 

I had no problem with a sim going up and through the window.  All I had to do is click on the floor inside the room and select go here.  The sim went where I told them by climbing the trellis and going through the window.  Same with using it to go outside except you click on the ground.  There are no options on the window.  The only reason that I can think of that would cause your sim to not do that is there is something blocking the path.  Things like something placed on the tile under the window in the room.  

I did some testing when we first got the pack and had some trouble getting them to do that in some builds.  They kept using the doors and stairs but found that if you locked the door to the room with the window, they would then use the trellis and window to enter and exit the room.  So, you can try that.

Hope this helps.

Message 22 of 32 (1,321 Views)

EZ Escape Window not working

★ Apprentice

I'm trying to use the EZ escape window from the high school years pack in my build but it's not working (orange frame around the window saying gameplay isn't functional), even though my sim is able to climb through the window and use the ladder trellises pictured. As soon as I place the ladder, the sims refuse to use the window at all and instead just climb down the ladder every time.

Pictured below is the set up:

11-25-22_4-54-16 PM.png

Message 23 of 32 (1,148 Views)

Re: EZ Escape Window not working

@simsical-musical

The ladder shown in the bottom left corner of your picture isn't usable. There's a thread on the windows and trellis ladders here that should help with placement https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/The-new-EZ-escape-window-in-the-highschool-years-pa...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 24 of 32 (1,121 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora It does work, though, which is why I'm confused. My sim will choose to climb down the ladder and go around rather than use the window. And there's a second ladder, too, against the wall that my sim is headed towards. both are functional for my sims but somehow not functional with the window...
Message 25 of 32 (1,099 Views)

@simsical-musical

Ah yeah, my mistake with the ladder at the front. There are definitely certain criteria for using the window though. I'm going to merge this thread into the one I linked to as it's good to have the same conversation in one place for back and forth discussion Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 32 (1,089 Views)

★★ Pro

So what's going on with this? I'm having the same issue that sims will not climb out of the window and then down the ladder unless I lock the door in the room with that window so that they have no other way out. Please don't tell me this is the intended functionality.. How can I make sims go through the window without locking doors to that room?

Message 27 of 32 (875 Views)

★ Guide

Hey guys! The easy access window of the high school years package always worked, but now it suddenly stopped working, only the blocking option appears.
But if I lock the doors or delete them, they use the window, which means it's working. Only the option to flee disappeared. Some help please?

Message 28 of 32 (766 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't even PLACE the window. I built a super simple "house" to test the solutions that have been mentioned in this thread but nothing works. The window doesn't even work on the bottom floor. And it's clearly not due to the foundation being too high or something, because I tested without a foundation too! Can someone explain what the heck I'm doing wrong?

Yes, I use mods, but I think I've already tested turning them off and that not changing anything...
 test 1.pngtest 2.png

Message 29 of 32 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think I'm having the same issue Mauzawa, did you figure it out yet?

Message 30 of 32 (497 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help