[PC] ME2 Crashes on Launch

by MolluscMagic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] ME2 Crashes on Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem, attached is my DxDiag file if that will help. Initially it opened fine, but when I tried to port in my save from ME1 it glitched out. Then every time I tried to open it, I'd get to the art screen and it would glitch there. Now When I click start the whole launcher freezes. I have also tried all of the things the OP did (restarting computer, uninstalling and reinstalling both the EA play app and the game itself, removing ME1 save files).

Edit Holger1405: Thread titel for clarity.

Message 1 of 7 (562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [EA app] ME2 Crashes on Launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi both- Unfortunately this did not fix my issue, and I ran out of ideas. MELE was on sale for $9 on the PS store, so I bought it there and am happily playing through ME2 now! Once I finish ME3 I will use EA play to play Dragon Age so I can still get my $40 worth lol

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (384 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@MolluscMagic I've noticed in my DxDiag that there is an error for ME1, but not one for ME2. I tried removing the config files for ME1, ME2, and both at the same time, and none of that worked either
Message 2 of 7 (545 Views)

@MolluscMagic 

I moved your posts to a separate thread.

Your Nvidia graphic driver is outdated. Please update it to this version.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 3 of 7 (518 Views)

Community Manager

@MolluscMagic 

Hey, I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you continue having issues with the game!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi both- Unfortunately this did not fix my issue, and I ran out of ideas. MELE was on sale for $9 on the PS store, so I bought it there and am happily playing through ME2 now! Once I finish ME3 I will use EA play to play Dragon Age so I can still get my $40 worth lol

Message 5 of 7 (385 Views)

Community Manager

@MolluscMagic Sorry to hear you are still having some issues there! However, that isn't a bad deal. I downloaded MELE yesterday on my Xbox to give it another run though along with DAI getting prepared for DA: TV. 

I am happy to hear you are in saving the galaxy! ME2 still the best one IMO 😉 The DLC alone is like a second game!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 7 (366 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MolluscMagic 

As this thread is a bit old and you have been playing, we will lock this down and consider this resolved.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread or add your information to an existing thread so we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 7 of 7 (265 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help