I'm not happy and frustrated

by FIREBIRDQ80

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'm not happy and frustrated

★★ Novice

I'm not happy and frustrated I'm a big fan of the trilogy used to play it on console this year I switched to pc and I cant pre-order mass effect legendary edition for some stupid region glitch im from Kuwait in the middle east

on steam I get this 

An error was encountered while processing your request:
This item is currently unavailable in your region

and on origin

ERROR 404

Well, that didn't go as planned We weren't able to find what you were looking for. It's possible that the page has moved. If you typed in the address manually, please check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.

i contacted support i send emails without any hope as I know the release is not region restricted 

Message 1 of 6 (841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I'm not happy and frustrated

★ Guide
@FIREBIRDQ80 I agree, however, don't forget that Origin is a separate store than consoles or steam, so each store has its own rules and laws. Origin (EA for that matter) will not fix this issue, so you can buy via VPN or steam or 3rd party cd key websites, but you won't be able to get it through Origin. (The answer that this will not be fixed came from EA themselves, this is not my assumption).
Anyway, glad you got the game, I can't wait to play it. Only 2 more weeks to go!!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (547 Views)

All Replies

@FIREBIRDQ80 

Do you use a VPN?

If not you need to contact support:

The link to EA's Support is here. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

• Choose "Contact us" (Top Bar) and then Choose "Origin" from the list. (Or search for it.)
  • Choose PC > Choose "Manage my Account" > "Can't log in" > Select contact Option.
  • You should get a chat option now. (Please note the business hours.)

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 2 of 6 (786 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 6 (755 Views)

★ Guide
@FIREBIRDQ80 unfortunately this is a region issue, this game is not available in the Middle East region due to its mature content (talking about the romance options in game and what follows after that).
Some countries in our region will not allow certain content in games, if you don't have Dragon Age you will notice Inquisitor is not in the store either.
Good new is, this is a store issue and not blocked as a game, so getting it on Steam or through a 3rd party cdkey website, you will be able to redeem the code on Origin and play the game.

Hope this gives you some good news for tonight Standard smile
I also can't wait for the game to come out...have been dreaming of replaying the trilogy for a while now...now I have something to wait for while waiting for ME4
Message 4 of 6 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Xx-Gimmle-xXthank you for the response but it doesn't make sense since the original trilogy is available for download on origin and steam for pc and consoles plus the new legendry edition is available on consols in my region so its a glitch that needs to be fixed.
VPN solved my problem but again that shouldn't be the case.
thank you agian

Message 5 of 6 (605 Views)

★ Guide
@FIREBIRDQ80 I agree, however, don't forget that Origin is a separate store than consoles or steam, so each store has its own rules and laws. Origin (EA for that matter) will not fix this issue, so you can buy via VPN or steam or 3rd party cd key websites, but you won't be able to get it through Origin. (The answer that this will not be fixed came from EA themselves, this is not my assumption).
Anyway, glad you got the game, I can't wait to play it. Only 2 more weeks to go!!
Message 6 of 6 (548 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help