Save File corrupted ?

by NetBurstX64

Original Post

Save File corrupted ?

★★★ Newbie

Im playing this from the Ea Play subs on Steam ... and i assumed this had cloud save since start .. because i was able to play from the demo , and later keep advancing on the actual game itself ... so now i did a clean reinstall of windows recently .... i was hoping to jump back to the game and keep advancing .. now it says my profile save is corrupted ... i have to start again ? i had 19h already .... any fix for this ?....

also another thing ... all the games i have thru ea play on steam .. show as part of my library on the EA App with the steam label in the corner, except for this one and the Dead Space remake..

Message 1 of 4 (308 Views)

Re: Save File corrupted ?

Community Manager

Hey @NetBurstX64 

To confirm progress for Immortals is saved locally to your device instead of an online server. 

If we got a message the save had become corrupt we won't have a way to restore it. To confirm have you tried verifying the game files and seeing if Steam's cloud system has anything you can download?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i checked .. but what steam cloud download is like 5kb of information .... the game itself recognizes my profile and my playtime ... even the chapter i was left on ... but nothing else ... i checked on the savegame folders .... and i imagine it should be more bigger than that ... sad .. i really like this game ... so basically no fix for this... my guess is that steamcloud does not synchronize all the files in the savegame folders...

now i will have to start a new save file... im fine with that, but please, get the dev team to sort that out ...

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @NetBurstX64, Happy to pass this on to the team to be aware of, My apologies on having to start a new playthrough

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help