HUT Objectives 2.0 Quick Guide

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

HUT Objectives 2.0 Quick Guide

Community Manager

Hello HUT Community,

We’re excited for the release of NHL 24, and the new Objectives 2.0 feature in HUT - which will feature real time tracked objectives based on gameplay actions. In order to help players better understand what is being asked of them, we’ve created this HUT Objectives 2.0 Quick Guide so you can check back if you’re having any trouble.

Some of these might be self explanatory, but just in case you run into trouble we wanted to have this available for you, let's go through the specific objectives now:

GOALS

Goals - Simply score any type of goal

Rebound Goals - Put the puck on net, force the goalie to make the save, and slam home the rebound.

Deflected Goals - Take a shot on net and have your teammate tip the puck to put it in

PowerPlay Goal - Score with the man advantage

Short-handed Goal - Score while a man down on the penalty kill.

Penalty Shot Goal - Score a goal on a Penalty Shot

Top Shelf Goal - Score a goal with the puck hitting one of the top corners of the net

Top Left Corner Goal - Score a goal with the puck hitting the top left corner of the net

Top Right Corner Goal - Score a goal with the puck hitting the top right corner of the net

Bottom Left Corner Goal - Score a goal with the puck hitting the bottom left corner of the net

Bottom Right Corner Goal - Score a goal with the puck hitting the bottom right corner of the net

Shootout Goal - Score a goal in a shootout taking place at the end of a match

Breakaway Goal - Score a goal while all alone against the goalie

One Timer Goal - Score from passing to a teammate and immediately taking the shot, this has been updated in HUT 24 to include what were previously known as redirect shots (one timers close into the net).

Assists - Assist on a goal with the specified player, item, or team.

Points - Get a goal or an assist with the specified player, or item.

CHECKS

Hits - Any body, shoulder, or hip check will count as a “Hit”

Stick Check - Any poke check, sweep check, or stick lift will count as a “Stick Check”

Poke Check - While on defense, press the Right Bumper (Xbox) or R1 Button (PlayStation) and successfully poke the poke off the stick of an opposing player.

Stick Lift - Performed with the A-Button (Xbox) or X-Button (PlayStation), use this near opponents carrying the puck to take their possession away.

Sweep Check - While on defense, Hold the Right Bumper (Xbox) or R1 Button (PlayStation) and swipe the right stick to the left or right to knock the puck loose from an offensive player.

PASSES

Pass - Complete any pass with the Right Trigger (Xbox) or R2 Button (PlayStation)

Saucer Pass - Complete a saucer pass in the offensive zone with the Right Bumper (Xbox) or R1 Button (PlayStation)

Drop Pass - Let your player slow down and start gliding and tap the Right Bumper (Xbox) or R1 Button (PlayStation) and the player will let go of the puck, next have your teammate take possession quickly.

SHOTS

Shots - Simply take any shot on goal, for this and all other shots the goalie must attempt a save.

Slap Shot - (While going up on the screen) Wind up by moving the right stick down, and then quickly up to execute a slap shot.

Wrist Shot - An example is while going up on the screen with a player that shoots left, use the right stick and move the puck all the way to the left, then down, then up to shoot a wrist shot.

Snap Shot - Press up on the right stick to quickly execute a snapshot.

Backhand Shot - (While going up on the screen with a player that shoots left) Use the right stick and deke to the right so the player is on his backhand, press up on the right stick to release the shot.

Wraparound Shot - Go behind the opposing teams net and press the shoot button while moving around to the front of the net.

One Timer Shot - Pass to a teammate and immediately take the shot, this has been updated in HUT 24 to include what were previously known as redirect shots (one timers close into the net).

DEKE SHOTS

Lacrosse Deke Shot - While behind the opponents net and moving out front on your backhand, press the Y-Button (Xbox) or Triangle Button (PlayStation) to attempt a Lacrosse Deke Shot. Quick Tip: Try holding on to the Y-Button longer behind the net.

One Handed Tuck Shot - While moving toward the net press the A-Button (Xbox) or X-Button (PlayStation) to have the player perform a One Handed Tuck Shot 

Toe Drag Shot - While in the offensive zone, press the X-Button (Xbox) or Square Button (PlayStation) to perform a toe drag shot.

Between the Legs Shot - While in the offensive zone, press the B-Button (Xbox) or Circle Button (PlayStation) to perform a Between the Legs Shot.

OTHER

Shot Block - On defense, block the path of the puck on the way to the net using a skater. While on defense you can press the Left Bumper (Xbox) or L1 Button (PlayStation) to position yourself for a kneeling shot block.

Faceoff Win - Successfully gain possession of the puck for your team on a faceoff

Any Deke - Achieved by using the Left Bumper (Xbox) or L1 Button (PlayStation), only doing it in situations where you are near an opposing player will count. 

Aljo.png
Message 1 of 14 (17,737 Views)

Re: HUT Objectives 2.0 Quick Guide

★★★★★ Newbie

Can we get any clarity on the tutorial objectives? When it asked me if I wanted to do them I pressed yes and it takes me to the objectives page and then it disappears so I can't do them. You guys also made it a trophy so it would be nice to get as I get the Platinum trophy every year. 

Message 2 of 14 (16,502 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @Axskull9987 

We're aware of the tutorial issue you mentioned and are investigating this.

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 14 (16,489 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the clarity!

Message 4 of 14 (16,418 Views)

Community Manager

@Axskull9987 

You're very welcome!

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 14 (16,411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

you guys NEED to remove fighting from the moments unless it is an objective. If you lay any type of hit with Howe or Orpik it provokes a fight and you can’t finish the objectives in that playthrough since your player is in the penalty box the remainder of the game. 

Message 6 of 14 (16,350 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo What is the update with the tutorial objectives? We are 2 weeks into the game being released and are still missing objectives that are copy/paste from one year to the next. How did this get by QC?
Message 7 of 14 (15,104 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@reaganbush1984 Sounds like you need to be more discipline with those players and use finesse to get the puck then instead of going for hits.
Message 8 of 14 (15,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i tried the Chelebrities hut moments it said I had to do a lacrosse deke shot but when I did that it didn't show that I had done it and I got no awards.

Message 9 of 14 (12,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I scored 5 lacrosse deke shot goals holding Y for like 3 seconds and none of them counted. I don’t get why it doesn’t register it’s such a waste of time. PLEASE EA fix this problem ! 

Message 10 of 14 (11,775 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help